Community Bank of Louisiana, an ordinary bank, offers limited account options. To find out if Community Bank of Louisiana is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have a checking account for anyone and a lot of them can be opened without needing to pay additional monthly fees nor maintain specific balance requirements!
They also have a money market checking account that earns pretty high interest rates, allowing you to have both the benefits of a checking and money market account.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Reasons to Bank with Community Bank of Louisiana
- 6 Reasons Not to Bank with Community Bank of Louisiana
- 7 Community Bank of Louisiana Routing Number
- 8 Contact Customer Service
- 9 How Community Bank of Louisiana Compares
- 10 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Community Bank of Louisiana offers a large selection of checking accounts with similar benefits. They have an account for everyone.
Open this account with $100 and enjoy no service charge after 5 years.
There is a one time $7 charge if your balance falls below 1,000 however.
With a $100 opening deposit, you can enjoy 5 years of no service charge.
There’s a small $3.50 service fee if your balance falls below $1,000 though.
This student checking account is available to students 26 and under.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
A checking account free for customers who are 50 and over.
This account earns variable interest for balances $5,000 or more.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This checking account earns variable interest.
There’s also a $6.50 service charge if balance falls below a minimum of $5,000.
This account earns variable interest for balances greater than the minimum.
You need an opening deposit of $100 of open this checking account.
This account earns variable interest for balances of $4,000.01 and greater.
This checking account earns money market rates and it varies depending on your balances.
You will need at least a minimum deposit of $5,000 to open this account.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Asterisk-Free Checking® account today and enjoy:
• $150 bonus by making total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• Free to open and free to maintain with no monthly maintenance fees
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief
• All Day DepositSM
• Enjoy mobile & online banking
Savings Account Options
Community Bank of Louisiana has two savings accounts that are pretty standard.
This account can be opened with $100, You will start earning interest automatically upon account opening.
The interest is compounded daily as well.
This account is available to those 18 and under, and you can open it with $100 and start earning interest.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Reasons to Bank with Community Bank of Louisiana
- A lot of their accounts don’t require a monthly fee nor minimum balance requirements.
- They offer a youth checking and savings account.
- They offer a senior citizen checking.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have easily waiveable monthly fees and not too high minimum balance requirements.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Community Bank of Louisiana mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Community Bank of Louisiana
- They are only located in Louisiana. They have a total of 10 physical branches.
- Lacking a senior savings account.
- Lack of holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
- Very low ratio of checking compared to savings accounts.
- You might actually have to make an account on their website first to find additional information, otherwise they don’t provide much information.
- Their customer service isn’t opened on weekends.
Community Bank of Louisiana Routing Number
The routing number for Community Bank of Louisiana varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Community Bank of Louisiana check.
Contact Customer Service
Community Bank of Louisiana has a 24-hour telephone banking service line. You can reach it at (318)-872-6955.
How Community Bank of Louisiana Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you happen to live in Louisiana and prefer smaller, local banks and would rather open an account in person, then Community Bank of Louisiana is perfect for you.
They have a large selection of checking accounts for all ages, so you could possibly find one that suit you. But, they also have a small selection of savings accounts, so their savings rates aren’t the best.
Their money market checking account earns pretty good interest rates however.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Community Bank of Louisiana has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!