Planning a vacation anytime soon? Looking to get rewarded for your purchases? Before you go, consider signing up for the Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature® Card. It has a nice sign up offer of 60,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first three months.
On top of this, you can enjoy points back for your purchases and multiple card features that are designed to give the cardholder piece of mind. Make sure to maximize your savings and potential earnings with all of these bonuses and perks for an annual fee of $249! If this is something you would be interest, read on about the Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature® Card!
*Check out our list of other credit card bonuses
Table of Contents
Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature Card Features
|Bonus Available||Get a 60,000 bonus points after you make $5,000 in purchases during the first 3 months following account opening.|
|Ongoing Rewards||Earn 5X points per every $1 spent on travel
Earn 3X points per every $1 spent on dining
Earn 2X points per every $1 spent on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Varies|
- Good bonus points offers
- Welcome bonus
- Relatively low APR compared to similar cards
- Points do no expire
- Limited availability
- Large annual fee
- Foreign transaction fees
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
You'll earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases.. And when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
Fairwinds Preferred Visa 60,000 Bonus Offer
Take advantage of the Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature Card’s 60,000 bonus points offer. This is a pretty good bonus and with all of the of points back they are offering.
To qualify for this bonus offer, you must charge at least $5,000 within the first 3 months of your account opening.
Here are some ideas to meet the spending requirements:
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Get 50% more value on points redeemed for travel.
- Enjoy a .25% APR rate discount on qualifying Fairwinds loans.
- Enjoy a .25% rate bump on qualifying Fairwinds Certificate of Deposits.
- Redeem points anytime online for travel, entertainment, gift cards and more.
- Purchase Security Program: Within the first ninety (90) days of the date of purchase, Purchase Security will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your eligible Visa card up to a maximum of $500 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. It covers purchases and gifts in the event of theft, damage due to fire, vandalism, accidentally discharged water, or certain weather conditions.
- Travel Protection: Visa Travel and Emergency Assistance Services will put you in touch with the appropriate emergency services should the need arise. Benefits include: emergency messages to your family and business associates, referral services for medical, legal, and transportation needs. With qualifying cards you and your family members can receive accident insurance coverage while traveling and lost luggage reimbursement.
- Zero Liability: Your peace of mind and protection are paramount to us. Visa’s Zero Liability policy is our guarantee that you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your card or account information.
Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature Card Top Features
Get a 60,000 bonus points after you make $5,000 in purchases during the first 3 months following account opening.
With this travel and dining card, you can get a very good return on your spend in the respective categories. Here are the points available offers:
- Earn 5X points per every $1 spent on travel
- Earn 3X points per every $1 spent on dining
- Earn 2X points per every $1 spent on all other purchases
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
If you are looking to rack up on easy points, consider signing up for the Fairwinds Preferred Visa Signature® Card. There is hefty $249 annual fee for these rewards and bonuses. You will get a sign up offer of receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first three months!
There are plenty of other bonuses that come with this credit card promotion. These points can be put towards your next vacations. We understand that this card isn’t suited for everyone. So if this is the case, feel free to check out our full list of credit card bonus promotions.
(Visit Fairwinds to apply for the card)
What’s the Competition?
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.