First Progress offers three secured credit cards:
- First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured
- First Progress Platinum Select Mastercard® Secured
- the First Progress Platinum Prestige Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
All three are designed to help people who have bad or no credit to build or rebuild their credit score through a positive credit history. Keep in mind that if you’re qualified for one card, you’ll also qualify for the other two.
These cards regularly reports to all three credit bureaus; with responsible credit usage and on-time payments this card could either make or break your credit, so responsible usage is emphasized.
If you’re wondering whether First Progress Mastercard Secured Credit Cards are the right cards for you, continue reading below to learn about its fees and features.
Table of Contents
First Progress Mastercard Secured Cards Summary
|Bonus Available||No sign-up bonus available for this card||No sign-up bonus available for this card||No sign-up bonus available for this card|
|Balance Transfers Intro APR||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Purchases Intro APR||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Regular APR||13.99% (V)||9.99% (V)||19.99% (V)|
|Cash Advance APR||19.99% (V)||18.99% (V)||24.99% (V)|
|Credit Needed||Poor/Limited/No Credit||Poor/Limited/No Credit||Poor/Limited/No Credit|
|Monthly Servicing Fee||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- No minimum credit score
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit
- Reports to all three credit bureaus
- Does not offer a signup bonus
- No rewards or cash back
- High fees – annual, interest rate
- Does not include many credit card rewards
First Progress Mastercard Secured Cards Fees
The fees for each card is different depending on the purpose you are using it for, see table above for full list. First Progress’ secured cards doesn’t have a minimum credit score or credit history needed in order to get these cards.
Keep in mind that for each card, an initial refundable security deposit must be made, which can be between $200 and $2,000.
Pay off those small purchases on time and in full each month, and your credit score should start to rise. Make sure that you pay your balance in full each month, which will also help to improve your credit score.
First Progress Mastercard Secured Cards’ Features
- No negative impact to your credit score; no credit inquiry will be recorded in your credit bureau file
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval**
- Receive your card faster with optional Expedited Processing
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to establish credit history
- Full-featured Platinum Mastercard, accepted for car rentals, hotels, and millions of other locations worldwide.
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 – $2,000 Submitted with Application
First Progress Mastercard Secured Credit Cards are full featured credit cards that reports to all three major credit bureaus every month to help you establish or re-establish your credit history.
For more credit cards options, see our latest list of other best credit card bonuses!
What’s the Competition?
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Citi Rewards+® Card offers 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $200 in gift cards at thankyou.com.
You'll earn 2X ThankYou® Points at supermarkets & gas stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on all other purchases.
In addition, the Citi Rewards+® Card is the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
This card comes with no annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.