Great Lakes Credit Union carries on the tradition of developing those innovative products and services often saving their members money with low interest rate loans, high dividend checking and lower service fees than most competing financial institutions. GLCU’s staff has more than 1,750 years combined experience. They put members first and want to make your partnership with GLCU a seamless and service oriented relationship. They have 14 locations in Illinois. However, members can access their services on the road through the online banking options. In addition to Great Lakes Credit Union’s online services, they are part of the Shared Branching Network, which gives you access to 5,300 other credit unions to perform the transactions or use services you need, wherever you are!
Editor’s Note: Their Ultimate Checking Account is worth checking out as you can earn high interest on balances up to $10,000. Read our Great Lakes Credit Union Rewards Checking Account review for full info!
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $300 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM or BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Table of Contents
Great Lakes Credit Union Membership:
- Visit your nearest Great Lakes Credit Union
- Check out their eligibility requirements:
- Fill out their online application.
- Answer “Not listed – let us help.” on the last question.
- After this, you will qualify for a membership with GLCU.
- To apply for membership, you will need the following info to fill out the online application form:
- Valid Driver’s License/State ID/Passport
- Valid United States Social Security Number/Email/DoB
- Account information for accounts that you would like to close and transfer
Reasons To Join Great Lakes Credit Union:
Great Lakes Credit Union exists to provide their members with more knowledge and opportunities than other credit unions. GLCU offers loan products and services to assist with all your lending needs. Whether you are in the market to buy a home, new vehicle, or need a personal or home equity loan, they’re here to help! More access, more financial options, more savings, and more personalized service than their competitors. Your funds will be secure, accessible for withdrawal at a branch or ATM, and will also be insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
Great Lakes Credit Union members benefit from good rates, dividends, 24/7 account access through the eBranch or a mobile device. They are driven by the mindset to be the credit union that provides the best service and features to customers. If you have more membership eligibility questions, feel free to contact a Great Lakes CU employee! If this credit union did no suit you, be sure to check out our full list of Credit Unions Anyone Can Join. Don’t forget to share your experience with this credit union by commenting below.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.