If you are an active Hawaiian airlines flyer, then the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard might be the perfect card for you. It’s a great airline miles credit card that comes with some nice added perks and bonuses.
This card offers 70,000 bonus HawaiianMiles after making your first purchase within the first 90 days.
This is a solid airline miles card with an annual fee of $99, no foreign transaction fee, a generous sign-up bonus, and many other perks. If you’re interested in what more this card has to offer, see below!
Table of Contents
Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 70,000 bonus HawaiianMiles after making your first purchase within the first 90 days.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||3x points on all Hawaiian Airlines purchases
2x Hawaiiamiles gas, dining and grocery store purchases
1x points on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
(Learn More at at Hawaiian Airlines)
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months.||Citi Premier® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 80K Points after $6,000 spend within 6 months||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 75K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 6 months||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus after $750 spend within 3 months|
|Chase Freedom FlexSM $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months||Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20K spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer after $3,000 spend within 6 months||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $200 Welcome Offer after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.|
|Ink Business Preferred® Card 100K Points after $15,000 spend within first 3 months||Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card $900 Bonus after $6,000 spend within 3 months|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus after $1,000 spend within 90 days||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
- Points don’t expire as long as card is used every 18 months
- No blackout dates
- No round-trip requirements
- Share miles with family and friends
- Can transfer miles to Hilton HHonors at 1:1.5 ratio
- Limited options for travel outside of Hawaii
- High award redemption levels on Hawaiian and partner airlines
- High fees for changes and cancellations
Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Benefits
The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is the go-to card for these reasons:
- Earn Miles back: The Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard offers 3x miles back on qualifying Hawaiian Airlines purchases, 2x Hawaiiamiles on gas, groceries, and dining, and 1x miles back on all other purchases.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year.
- Annual Bonus of $100 off a companion ticket for round-trip airfare between Hawaii and North America.
- Share miles freely with friends and family: Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard holders can transfer Hawaiian miles to and from the frequent flier accounts of friends and family members free of charge. This is a great benefit, as most airline frequent flier programs charge some serious fees for the privilege.
- Great travel benefits: In addition to the companion discounts mentioned above, card members also receive a free checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines flights. The card also comes with some other useful benefits, such as car rental insurance and concierge service. You can freely use the card when you’re abroad, since it doesn’t charge the typical 2 to 4 percent fee for foreign transactions.
Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Pitfalls
You may not like Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard for these reasons:
- Limited Redemption Options: The largest drawback of the card is that, outside of a smattering of hotel and merchandise options, miles are only good for travel on Hawaiian Airlines or one of its six partners. The geographic range of this airline network is limited and is mostly designed for travel to and from the Hawaiian islands. If you are not a frequent visitor to Hawaii, you will find limited benefit in this card.
- High Interest Rate: The APR starts at 18.24 percent (variable) for people with good credit and goes up to 27.24 percent (variable).
Things To Know About Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard
- Bring a friend while you’re at it
- Receive a one-time discount of 50% off round-trip coach airfare between Hawaii and North America for a companion in the first 13 months of card membership. If you plan to use this card for the long term, you’ll also get a $100 discount on a companion ticket each year once you reach your first anniversary.
- Miles are versatile
- Cashing in your points for flights may be the best usage of points, but there are also other ways to use your rewards. These ways include hotel stays, car rentals, gift cards and merchandise, and transfer to partners.
- Sharing is caring
- Pooling points in preparation of a group trip is simple with the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard. You can share any amount of miles with friends or family who have select Hawaiian Airlines cards for no charge.
- Hawaiian Airlines’ partnership with JetBlue makes this card more flexible
- You can earn HawaiianMiles on JetBlue flights, earn TrueBlue points on Hawaiian Airlines flights, and redeem points from one award program for flights on the other airline. You can’t, however, earn both HawaiianMiles and TrueBlue points on the same flight — you must pick one or the other.
Domestic Award Travel Discount
If you do not currently have a Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, your miles would be valued as follows:
- Interisland flights: 7,500 miles one-way (SuperSaver), 10,000 (Saver), and 15,000 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 40,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 60,000 (Saver), and 60,000+ (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in First Class: 60,000 (Saver), and 160,000+ (Flex)
If you do, however, own a Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, you are eligible to receive these discounts:
- Interisland flights: 8,500 miles one-way (Saver), and 12,500 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 35,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 50,000 (Saver), and 60,000+ (Flex)
Why You Should Apply
The main reason you should apply for the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is most obviously the sign up bonus that comes along with it. If you are planning a family vacation via Hawaiian Airlines, might as well do so with this card so that you could possible save up miles for your next flight!
You will get a free first checked bag, a one-time 50% discount on a round-trip coach fare for a companion, and then $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for round-trip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines on each account anniversary. These are a few of the many benefits that come with opening up this card.
The Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is a great card to use when exploring the world while earning airline miles. They offer many benefits for regular customers of Hawaiian Airlines. These benefits include miles for purchases, free checked bags, and companion ticket discounts.
If you aren’t satisfied with that, you could also earn excellent miles on Hawaiian Airlines purchases. You can also earn great HawaiianMiles on gas, dining, and groceries and miles back on all other purchases. Learn more at Barcalycard!
* You can also compare this Barcalycard Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard with other credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.