If you are an active Hawaiian airlines flyer, then the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard might be the perfect card for you. It’s a great airline miles credit card that comes with some nice added perks and bonuses.
This card offers 60,000 Hawaiian Airline miles when you make your first purchase within the first 90 days of account opening. Along with this, you could earn 3x miles per $1 on all Hawaiian Airlines purchases, 2x Hawaiiamiles on gas, dining and grocery store purchases, and 1x miles on all other purchases.
This is a solid airline miles card with an annual fee of $99, no foreign transaction fee, a generous sign-up bonus, and many other perks. If you’re interested in what more this card has to offer, see below!
* You can also compare this Barcalycard Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
- 1 Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Rewards Redemption
- 4 Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Benefits
- 5 Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Pitfalls
- 6 Things To Know About Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard
- 7 Domestic Award Travel Discount
- 8 Why You Should Apply
- 9 Bottom Line
- 10 What’s The Competition?
Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 60,000 Hawaiian Airline miles after you spend $2,000 within the first 90 days of account opening|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||3x points on all Hawaiian Airlines purchases
2x Hawaiiamiles gas, dining and groceries
1x points on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
Editor’s Alternate Pick
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Points don’t expire as long as card is used every 18 months
- No blackout dates
- No round-trip requirements
- Share miles with family and friends
- Can transfer miles to Hilton HHonors at 1:1.5 ratio
- Limited options for travel outside of Hawaii
- High award redemption levels on Hawaiian and partner airlines
- High fees for changes and cancellations
Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Benefits
The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is the go-to card for these reasons:
- Earn Miles back: The Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard offers 3x miles back on qualifying Hawaiian Airlines purchases, 2x Hawaiiamiles on gas, groceries, and dining, and 1x miles back on all other purchases.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year.
- Annual Bonus of $100 off a companion ticket for round-trip airfare between Hawaii and North America.
- Share miles freely with friends and family: Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard holders can transfer Hawaiian miles to and from the frequent flier accounts of friends and family members free of charge. This is a great benefit, as most airline frequent flier programs charge some serious fees for the privilege.
- Great travel benefits: In addition to the companion discounts mentioned above, card members also receive a free checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines flights. The card also comes with some other useful benefits, such as car rental insurance and concierge service. You can freely use the card when you’re abroad, since it doesn’t charge the typical 2 to 4 percent fee for foreign transactions.
Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard Pitfalls
You may not like Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard for these reasons:
- Limited Redemption Options: The largest drawback of the card is that, outside of a smattering of hotel and merchandise options, miles are only good for travel on Hawaiian Airlines or one of its six partners. The geographic range of this airline network is limited and is mostly designed for travel to and from the Hawaiian islands. If you are not a frequent visitor to Hawaii, you will find limited benefit in this card.
- High Interest Rate: The APR starts at 18.24 percent (variable) for people with good credit and goes up to 27.24 percent (variable).
Things To Know About Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard
- Bring a friend while you’re at it
- Receive a one-time discount of 50% off round-trip coach airfare between Hawaii and North America for a companion in the first 13 months of card membership. If you plan to use this card for the long term, you’ll also get a $100 discount on a companion ticket each year once you reach your first anniversary.
- Miles are versatile
- Cashing in your points for flights may be the best usage of points, but there are also other ways to use your rewards. These ways include hotel stays, car rentals, gift cards and merchandise, and transfer to partners.
- Sharing is caring
- Pooling points in preparation of a group trip is simple with the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard. You can share any amount of miles with friends or family who have select Hawaiian Airlines cards for no charge.
- Hawaiian Airlines’ partnership with JetBlue makes this card more flexible
- You can earn HawaiianMiles on JetBlue flights, earn TrueBlue points on Hawaiian Airlines flights, and redeem points from one award program for flights on the other airline. You can’t, however, earn both HawaiianMiles and TrueBlue points on the same flight — you must pick one or the other.
Domestic Award Travel Discount
If you do not currently have a Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, your miles would be valued as follows:
- Interisland flights: 7,500 miles one-way (SuperSaver), 10,000 (Saver), and 15,000 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 40,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 60,000 (Saver), and 80,000+ (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in First Class: 80,000 (Saver), and 160,000+ (Flex)
If you do, however, own a Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, you are eligible to receive these discounts:
- Interisland flights: 8,500 miles one-way (Saver), and 12,500 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 35,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 50,000 (Saver), and 60,000+ (Flex)
Why You Should Apply
The main reason you should apply for the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is most obviously the sign up bonus that comes along with it. If you are planning a family vacation via Hawaiian Airlines, might as well do so with this card so that you could possible save up miles for your next flight!
You will get a free first checked bag, a one-time 50% discount on a round-trip coach fare for a companion, and then $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for round-trip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines on each account anniversary. These are a few of the many benefits that come with opening up this card.
The Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard is a great card to use when exploring the world while earning airline miles. They offer many benefits for regular customers of Hawaiian Airlines. These benefits include miles for purchases, free checked bags, and companion ticket discounts.
If you aren’t satisfied with that, you could also earn excellent miles on Hawaiian Airlines purchases. You can also earn great Hawaiiamiles on gas, dining, and groceries and miles back on all other purchases. Learn more at Barcalycard!
If you’re interested in what more Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines has to offer, see our list of the Best Barclaycard Promotions. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses. Finally, be sure to also check out our top Hawaiian Airline promotions!
(Click here to apply for Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
What’s The Competition?
With the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card:
• Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $300 cash redemption value
• $0 Annual Fee
• Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
• Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
• Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• Earn 1X points on other purchases
The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Card offers a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel.
You'll earn 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!
With the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|