If you are a frequent Iberia traveler looking for a new credit card, consider signing up for the Iberia Visa Signature Card. It rewards you with plenty of points and benefits for big purchases that you will surely love!
This card offers a sign up bonus of 100,000 Avios, valued at around $1,500. The annual fee of $95 is justified by all of these bonuses that this card offers. If you’re interested in the other travel perks that the Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card has to offer, continue reading on below!
Chase offers three airline branded cards that all earn Avios rewards. The three cards all have similar bonuses and ongoing rewards. If your main rewards systems uses Avios, then any of these cards will be of great use to you. They have slightly different perks, so here are the cards and their respective regions:
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature – Ireland
- British Airways Visa Signature Card – United Kingdom
- Iberia Visa Signature – Spain
*Iberia Visa Signature is issued by Chase Bank, who also offer great sign-up bonuses for its Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Iberia Visa Signature Card
|Bonus Available||Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 5X Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, and LEVEL within your first 12 months from account opening, thereafter earn 3X Avios
Earn 3X Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel within your first 12 months from account opening, thereafter earn 2X Avios
Earn 1X Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases
Receive a 10% discount when you use your card to book flights on Iberia.com/Chase10
Receive a discount voucher of $1,000 to use towards 2 tickets on the same flight for each year you spend at least $30,000 on your card.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
Iberia Visa Signature Card Bonus
The more common welcome bonuses offer you a set amount of points, miles or cash back if you spend a specific amount within a certain time limit. That’s not the case with the current introductory offer from the Iberia Visa Signature card.
Earn 100,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
100,000 Avios have a value of around $1,500 (more on this below). That figure seems high when compared to other top credit card bonuses. But you also have to spend a lot more to get the full value.
What Are Iberia Avios Worth?
Like many other airline-branded credit cards, the value of your Avios depends on how you use them. On average, each Avios is worth around $0.015. Using this figure, 100k Avios have an approximate $1,500 value.
You can redeem your Avios for:
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Seat reservations & upgrades
Although you have the option of using your avios towards any of the things listed above, you will maximize your value by redeeming your Avios for flights. All other options will devalue your Avios.
Just like with the other Avios earning cards, be careful with redeeming for transatlantic flights. Surcharges are known to be outrageous. Even the offer terms have the following example:
“At time of this publication all reward flights and travel together tickets are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges of approximately $682 – $1,250 per adult in economy or $1,250 in business class based on travel from Seattle to London.”
It’s best to redeem for domestic flights with Iberia, Aer Lingus, British Airways and the other Oneworld alliance member airlines (see below).
Keep in mind, your Avios will expire if you don’t collect, spend, share or purchase any for 36 consecutive months.
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Get a 10% discount. Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/Chase10 Opens Overlay , and you will receive a 10% discount.*
- $1,000 Discount Voucher each calendar year. Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most rental cars in the U.S. and abroad. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance. Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Purchase Protection. Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement. If you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Extended Warranty Protection. Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
If you are looking for a travel rewards card, consider signing up for the Iberia Visa Signature Card if you plan on making those big purchases.
This is a card that you don’t want to miss out on. Maximize your savings and spending on travel with this simple card. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.