If you have purchased as least one audio product from IMVU after Sept. 21, 2008, and before Dec. 1, 2010. Then you are entitled to a refund from the IMVU Audio File Class Action Settlement. According to the lawsuit, IMVU was allegedly selling full-length auto files to customers for use in the company’s messaging application, but then they reduced their playback length to 20 seconds.
IMVU Inc. has agreed to settle a class-action lawsuit alleging it sold full-length audio files to customers for use in the company’s 3D messaging application, but then reduced the value of the audio files by reducing their playback length to 20 seconds. IMVU denies any of their wrongdoings and maintains that the file modifications were lawful, however, they agree to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid the cost and uncertainty of ongoing litigation. If you are eligible for a refund, you must file a claim no later than January 22, 2016.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review
IMVU Class Action Lawsuit:
- IMVU Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 3/20/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Consumers of IMVU who purchase at least one audio file between Sept. 21, 2008, and before Dec. 1, 2010.
- Estimated Amount: Varies, depending on whether you want IMVU credits or a cash refund.
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Peter MacKinnon Jr. v. IMVU Inc., Case No 1-11-CV-193767, in the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
How to File a Claim:
- Head to the IMVU Claim Form.
- Enter in your claim & control number. (If you do not have one select “I do not have a Claim Number”)
- Next, fill out the claim form with your information.
- File your claim before 3/20/2016 to receive a potential award from IMVU.
If you were a previous consumer of IMVU who may have purchased audio files from the company between Sept. 21, 2008, and Dec. 1, 2010, then you might be entitled to a refund from the IMVU Class Action Lawsuit. The company was selling full audio tracks in which they later reduced the playback times to only 20 seconds. File a claim today to receive your refund. In addition, take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.