Customers of Independent Bank who had to deal with excessive overdraft fees that stem the bank’s debit transaction sequencing may be eligible for a potential award from the Independent Bank Overdraft Fee Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Independent Bank’s method of posting debit transactions from highest to lowest dollar amounts resulted in customers having to pay for ridiculous amounts of overdraft fees. Customers that are enraged by this type of transaction sequencing claim that this method was created so that Independent Bank would be able to maximize overdraft fee revenue. Independent Bank denies any wrongdoings but have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the burden and expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, your potential award will be automatically sent, but in the case where you would like to opt out, you have by December 11, 2017 to send in an opt out form!
Independent Bank Overdraft Fee CAL:
- Independent Bank Overdraft Fee Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: None Listed
- Who’s Eligible: For anyone who is a customer of Independent Bank, where between July 31, 2007 and March 9, 2017, incurred an overdraft fee due to the bank’s practice of sequencing debit card transactions in order from the highest to lowest dollar amount.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Linda R. Glaske v. Independent Bank, Case No. 13-009983-CZ, in the Circuit Court for the County of Wayne, State of Michigan
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Independent Bank Overdraft Fee Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- If you are eligible you will be automatically sent a potential award.
- You also have the option to opt out of the lawsuit, simply send a letter or written document to the settlement.
Does it feel like Independent Bank is draining you of your hard earned cash, where every transaction you make bites you in the end? There is no time to waste so head over to the Independent Bank Overdraft Fee Class Action Lawsuit to see if you are eligible for a potential award. Why work for Independent Bank when they should be working for you! It all starts by taking the first step to see if you may be eligible for a potential award, but in the end if you decide to not continue with the claim, you are free to opt out by December 11, 2017! If you weren’t effected by Independent Bank fret not there other lawsuits. Simply check out other Class Action Lawsuit Settlements and see if they can work for you!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 20.49% - 29.24%.
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.