If you haven’t heard, Amazon is raising their prices for Amazon Prime! However, we’ve got your back and will show you how to lock in the current $99 Amazon Prime price so you will not have to pay the new premium. Starting May 11th, 2018, the new member premium will be $119 per year ($20 higher than the current premium) and $59 per year for Prime Student. Existing members will be charged the new premium for renewal starting June 16th, 2018. The last price hike was back in 2014 when the premium went up $20 from $79 to $99. Now, the question is, should you get an Amazon Prime membership? If you are an Amazon frequent shopper and make several purchases throughout the year, then yes, I would recommend a Prime membership. However, if you only make a few purchases throughout the year, I wouldn’t. But if you’re interested in trying Amazon Prime, you can sign up today for a free trial! Now I’ll show you how to lock in the current premium of $99 for Amazon Prime below!
Editor’s Note: If you’re not a current member of Amazon Prime, you can sign up today for a FREE 30-day trial! Being an Amazon Prime Member comes with many benefits. You’ll get access to FREE 2-day shipping, instant access to video streaming, unlimited music streaming to over a million songs, exclusive deals, and much more! Also, be sure to take advantage of the various Amazon Gift Card Deals!
If you’d like to add additional savings, see how you can add an additional $20 savings through Ibotta. On top of that, you can earn a $10 sign-up bonus when using our referral link!
Lock In Amazon Prime Membership Info:
- Lock In Now
- Promotion: Lock in Amazon Prime membership for $99
- Expiration: Complete before May 11th. I suggest to do this as soon as possible. The earlier the better.
How To Lock In Amazon Prime Membership:
- Below is how can lock in the current $99 Amazon Prime Premium.
- You can give the gift of Prime! With this method, you’re able to either gift this to a family/friend OR you’re able to gift it to yourself for future use (you will be sent an email – keep this in mind). This should take 5 minutes or less! By doing this, you’re locking in today’s rate of $99 and you’re able to renew your membership later in the future saving yourself $20.
- Now if you’re currently set on “auto-renewal,” you can “cancel” this. You’ll get a few messages like “are you sure?” Your membership will continue if you agree – it just revokes your auto-renewal. This way, when your membership ends, you can use your “give the gift of Prime” that you sent to yourself or had a family/friend send you, and renew! Now with that being said, keep in mind that if you try to apply the gift you sent yourself while your membership is still active, it will not work or go through. You’ll simply just receive the exact value paid (including taxes) in an Amazon Gift Card.
- My suggestion is to mark your calendar to when your membership ends and refer back to the email that you’ve received regarding the Prime membership (transfer it to a folder or forward it to another email just you can have a copy in the case the email is deleted or misplaced). Once our membership ends, simply apply that gift of Prime and your membership will renew! Bam!
- Note: If you’ve had the grandfathered Amazon Prime plan where you’re allowed 5 household members to share the benefits and features of Prime, I would reconsider taking action.
I personally use Amazon for a great portion of my purchases now aside from perishable items. Not only do I get the best money saving deals, I save quite a bit of time as well! Some purchases even come the same day or within 2 days via Amazon Prime! For those of you who shop on Amazon quite frequently (even if you do not, I would highly recommend it), you’ll definitely benefit from this and you’ll save time and $20 in the process! There are definitely a lot of perks and benefits using Amazon Prime! What feature I like to use is Amazon’s bar code scanner where you can compare prices in-store vs online! Find out more ways to save money online and see our best gift card promotions list!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
Leave a Reply