Available for those who are Canadian citizens, MBNA, a division of the Toronto-Dominion Bank, has a variety of credit cards that they offer that give users a chance at winning special prices! One of these credit cards is their MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard®. The MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard® is an average credit card offering a low rewards rate, limited redemption options, and a $89 annual fee.
This card’s bonus after the first purchase is great! You have the chance of receiving 10,000 bonus MBNA Rewards points after your first eligible purchase. That’s equivalent to $100 when redeemed for cash back or travel! This card is for those whose personal annual income is greater than $80,000, or your household annual income must be $150,000 or greater.
Get started by pressing the “Apply Now” button below, scroll down to the application, and begin completing your application.
Table of Contents
What is MBNA?
MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. MBNA is a leading provider of co-branded and affinity credit card programs in Canada. MBNA credit cards are associated with hundreds of Canadian membership organizations, credit union and financial institutions, sports associations, educational institutions and charities.
Along with this credit card, MBNA is offering those with this credit card a chance to win a motorcycle! In order to be eligible for both, be sure to do the following.
In order to be eligible for the MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard®:
- Must be a Canadian resident and have a Canadian credit file
- You are of the age of majority in your province or territory of residence
- Have no current record of bankruptcy and do not have any seriously past due payments.
MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard Pros & Cons
MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard Info
- MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard®
- Account Type: Rewards World Elite® MasterCard®
- Availability: Canada
There is also the zero liability policy, which means you are protected if your card is lost or stolen. If it is lost or stolen, you will be reimbursed for any unauthorized transactions. This goes hand-in-hand with the fraud monitoring, which is designed to block possible fraud if an abnormal usage pattern is detected.
MBNA Online Banking
You can also easily access your account online and manage it. This means being able to check your balance, see your available credit, make payments, check your points balance, and much more. Your account is updated in real-time, which means you can view up to the minute transactions.
If you cannot find the answer that you are looking for through online account management, you can find the answers you need by calling customer service. Nonetheless, most of the questions that you may have can be answered online so you can look for them at your leisure from the comfort of your computer. In other words, you can review your account at your pace.
MBNA Security & Fraud Protection
Cardholders also receive MasterPurchase Purchase Protection, which covers eligible purchases that are made with the card. If that purchase is damaged or stolen within the first 90 days of purchase, MasterAssist can be contacted about having the item repaired or replaced. This is a program that is extended to MasterCard platinum cardholders.
The last security measure is password protection, which gives you added security when you use your card on the Internet. MBNA, the card issuer, also doesn’t disclose your information to third parties in order to protect you. If your card is lost or stolen, MBNA will ensure the card is cancelled and replaced within 24 hours.
You also receive the MasterPurchase Extended Warranty, which means the manufacturer’s warranty is extended on eligible purchases that are made with the card. The manufacturer’s warranty is not to exceed a certain number of years and the item does not require registration to be covered.
The last platinum benefit is the MasterRental Collision Damage Waiver, which is auto rental insurance that covers you in case your rental card is damaged. You simply turn down the collision damage waiver when you rent the car so you can use the complimentary coverage that comes with your card, which is a money saver.
MBNA Credit Education
MBNA provides many educational tips and tricks about the following topics when dealing with credit:
- Find The Right Credit Card: Learn the proper way to evaluate your credit card needs, and find the right credit card.
- Tackling Debt: Get tips for managing your spending and reducing what you owe.
- Understanding Credit: Learn the credit basics that all Canadians should know, and see why good credit is important.
- External Resources: Learn about other, non-MBNA affiliated resources that offer valuable credit information.
- Managing Credit: Get tips for managing your credit responsibly, so you can make the most of this powerful tool.
- Student Centre: Help the students in your life learn about creating and maintain healthy credit, using credit responsibly, and more.
- Credit Reports/Scores: Get a guide to help you understand your credit report, credit history and your score.
Best Credit Cards for 2018
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card offers 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – a $200 cash redemption value.
You'll earn 3X points for:
• eating out and ordering in
• gas stations, rideshares and transit
• travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• on popular streaming services
• 1X points on other purchases
This card comes with no annual fee.
How To Get Rewards World Elite MasterCard
The Rewards World Elite MasterCard is a credit card that rewards you for your spending so that you can save money on other things.
- Apply for a MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard®.
- When you are on the application page, scroll down and begin to input your information.
- Wait for the decision and be prepared to be able to fund your expenses.
After your basic information is entered, you can request a balance transfer from a higher interest card to this card if the interest is lower. You can request a balance transfer up to the amount of available credit on the card.
There is a transaction fee, but it is, perhaps, among the lowest balance transfer transaction fees that you can pay on a card. While there is a set minimum, it is still a very low price to pay to eliminate the high interest you are paying on the card you are transferring your balance from.
After you are finished with the application, you then wait for your answer. After approved, it will take approximately 7 to 10 days to receive your card for you to then start spending and earning rewards.
I would recommend the MBNA Rewards World Elite® MasterCard® for those who are trying to increase their credit limits, but other than that, I would not highly recommend this MasterCard. There are a lot of other credit cards out their that offer better rewards for a similar annual fee.!
If you are not interested in this promotion, feel free to check out our complete list of Bank Bonuses filled with deals like this one with all sorts of financial institutions ranging from banks, credit unions, and even federal credit unions as well our list filled with the best Credit Card Bonuses and remember, as with all cards, terms and limitations apply.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.