Here you will find all the latest Metromile promotions, deals, bonuses, discounts and more to help you save money on your car insurance.
Metromile is entering the car insurance market as a company that only charges based on the miles that you actually drive that month. According to their site, customers save on average 47%, compared to what they would pay through a traditional car insurance company. Continue reading to learn more.
Compare car insurance rates with Insurify.
Please note, Metromile auto insurance is only available in:
- New Jersey
Metromile $25 Referral Rewards
Valid for a limited time, Metromile is offering a $25 referral rewards in the the form of an Amazon gift card for every successful referral, for up to $100 per calendar year. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the referral page and enter your friends’ email addresses.
- Your referral gets a quote by opening your unique referral link.
- You get a free $25 Amazon Gift Card for every friend who gets a quote.
Metromile will email you the gift card code within a few weeks after your friend completes their quote.
How Metromile Works
Metromile sells pay-per-mile auto insurance policies. According to the company, you can save hundreds of dollars annually if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year.
The company breaks down their rates into two parts: a base rate and a per-mile rate. Both are determined by traditional factors, like age, driving history, and credit.
Your Monthly Cost = Base Rate + (Per-Mile Rate x Monthly Mileage)
Let’s say your base rate is $35, your per-mile rate is $0.05, and you drive 150 miles in one month. Your car insurance cost for that month would be $42.50.
Tracking Device & Mobile App
To use Metromile, you need to plug the Metromile Pulse wireless tracking device into your vehicle’s diagnostic port, then use the app to track your driving behavior, such as mileage, average speed, time of day, and more.
The app also lets you:
- Find your parked car and get street sweeping alerts.
- Keep track of your driving routes.
- Provide information on fuel economy.
- View policy documents and auto insurance ID cards.
- Car health, like what your check engine light indicates.
- The Ride Along trial program lets you use the mobile app to monitor driving habits for 17 days and will give you a monthly bill estimate.
- Add-on options, including rental reimbursement, pet injury protection, no-deductible glass repair, and more.
- Insurance discounts (varies by state).
- Pay premiums and receive claim payouts in Bitcoin.
For those of you out there who are looking for cheaper forms of car insurance, Metromile is the insurance for you! The company charges based on how much you actually drive, so you’re only paying for when you’re actually on the rode! The less you drive, the lower your rates.
Noblr is another auto insurer. The company determines rates by when, where, how well, and how much you drive. Noblr is currently offering a $25 Amazon Gift Card when you complete a free quote.