The Bank of America Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard is a nice travel rewards credit card for people who frequently travel with the Norwegian Cruise Line. If you are planning a cruise in the future, consider this credit card.
It offer you travelers some perks such as 10,000 WorldPoints Reward Points Bonus after you make a qualifying transaction in the first 90 days of account opening. You could earn up to 3x WorldPoints points for every $1 spent on Norwegian purchases and 1x point per $1 on all other purchases.
There is no annual fee so earn your points without worry. If you would like to get some more information over the Bank of America Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard, feel free to read more about it below!
* The Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Bank of America Norwegian Cruise Card Summary
|Departure||Earn 10,000 bonus points after you make 1 qualifying transaction within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Ongoing Rewards/ Benefits||3 points for every $1 spent on Norwegian purchases and 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.|
- No annual fee
- Bonus points
- BoA relationship bonus
- No foreign transaction fees
- Inflexible rewards
Bank of America Norwegian Cruise Mastercard Perks
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Norwegian Cruise Line Card Top Features
This is the only cruise card that allows enrollment with the Bank of America Preferred Rewards program. Get an additional 25% to 75% rewards bonus on every purchase you make. Eligibility for the program requires certain minimum balances across qualifying BoA accounts.
|Membership Tier||Minimum Balance Across Accounts||Rewards Bonus||Norweigan Cruise Line Rewards Rate||Rewards Rate for Everything Else|
|Not a member||None||0%||3X||1X|
Preferred Rewards bonuses apply only to base points earned on purchases. Norwegian Cruise Line spending earns 1 base point and 2 bonus points to equal the stated 3 points per dollar spent. So the more you have deposited across your accounts, the better you’re rewarded.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees. It’s nice they included this benefit for such a simple rewards card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard is the perfect travel credit card if you are going to be going on a cruise in the future. There is a 10,000 WorldPoints Reward Points Bonus after you make a qualifying transaction in the first 90 days of account opening.
You could also earn up to 3x WorldPoints points for every $1 spent on Norwegian purchases and 1x point per $1 on all other purchases. Redeem these points for stateroom upgrades and onboard credit, travel discounts and car rentals or hotel stays.
(Visit Bank of America for more details about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
For More Flexibility
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus®World Elite Mastercard® offers a top sign-up bonus and travel rewards that don’t restrict you to any airline or hotel. You’ll effectively earn 2.1% on all your purchases, regardless of merchant category.
No Annual Fee
Both the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited are general cash back cards that earn Ultimate Rewards. You can redeem for travel through the highly reviewed Ultimate Rewards portal. Neither card has an annual fee.
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card:
-One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
-Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
-No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
-0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
-0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
-Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
With the American Express Cash Magnet® Card:
• Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
• Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
• $0 plan fees for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
• You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• No Annual Fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account (Cashback Match)||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|