Your checkbook probably hasn’t seen the light of day as it once did, but that doesn’t mean checks have entirely gone out of style. Even though online payments have become more popular over the last couple of years, some people still haven’t shifted over to that method of payment. Also, some businesses even accept checks as a form of payment, so it’s always a good idea to keep checks on hand.
If you find yourself running low on checks, ordering more is quite a simple process. What’s even better is that banks, like Wells Fargo, still offer standard checks for free to some or all of their account holders. Continue reading to learn how to order checks from Wells Fargo.
Table of Contents
How Do I Order Checks From Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo allows their account holders to order checks online or by phone. To order checks online, you must log in to Wells Fargo Online and follow the prompts.
If you prefer to order Wells Fargo checks by phone, here are the numbers to call, depending on which type of checks you need to order:
- Personal: Call 1-800-869-3557.
- Business: Call 1-800-237-8982.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks?
The cost of ordering your checks will depend on the type of check, the quantity and the vendor. Even if you’re a Wells Fargo customer, you are not required to order your checks from the bank. Additionally, you will have the option to choose from different check companies or big-box retailers that sell personal and business checks.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks From Wells Fargo?
More specifically, Wells Fargo offers free, discounted and full-price checks to its customers, depending on the type of Wells Fargo bank account they have.
Here are the details behind some of the different accounts:
- Portfolio by Wells Fargo and Portfolio by Wells Fargo Plus: Free standard wallet checks
- Wells Fargo Everyday Checking: Price varies, depending on style and quantity ordered
- Preferred Checking: $10 discount on personal style checks
Alternative Ways To Order Checks
Here are other ways to order checks:
- Costco: Costco members can order checks at a discount via Harland Clarke and get free standard delivery. For Costco Executive members, an order of 250 Classic Grey checks costs $12.83. For Costco Gold Star/Business members, the cost is $16.04.
- Walmart: Walmart offers a smaller quantity of Classic Grey checks if you don’t need 250. The store offers a pack of 150 checks for $7.46.
- Vistaprint: If you just need a few checks on hand, you can order 25 wallet checks for $4 from Vistaprint.
For a more fun and creative way to show your personality, you can even find a variety of styles, including dog breeds, wildlife, character, inspirational and Disney-themed checks. There are usually pricier than classic check styles though.
Ordering checks doesn’t have to be a struggle as long as you know what institutions have them available.
With our guide above, we’ve detailed the ways you can go about order your checks from Wells Fargo and how much it will cost depending on what options you choose to go along with it. For more posts like this, check out our list of bank guides!