If you cruise with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club, then the Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa Signature Credit Card is a good travel rewards credit card for you to have. If you are an active cruise goer, start getting rewards back. It offer you travelers a nice signup bonus of 10,000 MyCruise points after making a transaction within the first 90 days of account opening, enough for a $100 onboard credit.
You could earn up to 2x MyCruise points for every $1 spent on qualifying purchases with Royal Caribbean and the sister brands, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises with 1x point per $1 on all other purchases. There is no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee so earn your points without worry. If you would like to get some more information about this card, continue reading below!
* The Royal Caribbean Visa Signature Card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
Bank of America Royal Caribbean Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 10,000 bonus points after making one transaction within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||Receive a one-time $50 Air2Sea airfare discount after making at least $3,500 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on qualifying purchases with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises.
Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
- No annual fee
- Bonus points
- Airfare credit
- No foreign transaction fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited redemption options
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Royal Caribbean Credit Card
10,000 Bonus Points Offer
You should take advantage of the Royal Caribbean credit card’s 10,000 MyCruise bonus points offer since these points are valued at $100. To qualify, charge your first purchase to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account. There’s no minimum spend requirement to worry about.
What are MyCruise Points Worth?
The value of your rewards depends on how you use them, each MyCruise point is worth around $0.01. When it comes time to redeem your points, you have a variety of options, including:
- Stateroom upgrades
- Cruise discounts
- Cruise vacations
- Onboard credits or amenities
- Companion fares
- Charitable donations
Point values remain consistent across all redemption options. So no matter how you trade in your rewards, you’ll get the best value.
Bank of America Royal Caribbean Card Benefits
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Royal Caribbean Card Top Features
Get $50 off an airline ticket purchased through the Royal Caribbean Air2Sea program. To qualify, charge at least $3,500 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Royal Caribbean Visa credit card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa Signature Credit Card is the great travel rewards credit card if you cruise with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club often. There is a sign up bonus of 10,000 MyCruise points after making a transaction within the first 90 days of account opening.
You could also earn up to 2x MyCruise points for every $1 spent on on qualifying purchases on these cruiselines and 1x point per $1 on all other purchases. Redeem these points for onboard credits, stateroom upgrades, discounts, cruises and more.
(Visit BankofAmerica.com to learn more about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
No Annual Fee Options
The American Express Cash Magnet Card, Chase Freedom and Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card are all good cash back card options without an annual fee. They all have good introductory offers as well.
The American Express Cash Magnet® Card offers $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases; your cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The card has no annual fee. (See Rates & Fees).
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
Top Travel Cards with Annual Fees
Don’t rule out travel cards with annual fees if your credit card usage is high. The rewards available will often easily negate those fees. Good options include the American Express Gold Card, Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline. You'll also get $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
You'll earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases.. And when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.