If you like shopping at Sam’s Club, did you know about the Sam’s Club Mastercard? It is a great card if you tend to get your gas from a Sam’s Club fuel center. They are currently offering the opportunity to earn 5% cash back on eligible gas purchases on the first $6,000 per year, then 1%.
On top of that, you can get a $30 statement credit when you open a Sam’s Club® credit card account and make $30 or more in Sam’s Club purchases within 30 days of date of account opening.
With the card, you can enjoy discounted gas. For more information, continue reading for a complete review on how you can get tons of unique rewards and bonuses.
The Sam's Club® Mastercard® comes with no annual fee and the following perks:
• Get a $30 statement credit when you open a Sam's Club® credit card account and make $30 or more in Sam's Club purchases within 30 days of date of account opening.
• More value: 3 + 2 = 5: Plus members earn 3% back on eligible purchases when shopping in-club or digitally through Sam's Club when they use their Sam's Club Mastercard and another 2% back from their Plus membership, for a total of up to 5% rewards on eligible purchases.
• Savings: For everyday eligible purchases, the credit card offers an industry leading 5% cash back on gas anywhere (up to $6,000), 3% cash back on dining and takeout, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
• Less contact: As consumers look for ways to transact without touching cash, cards, or keypads, Synchrony has enabled Sam's Club with contact-free technology, including the integration of payments capabilities into Sam's Scan & Go patented solution, both in-club and at the pump.
• Mobile first: Sam's Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts via the Sam's Club mobile app enabled by the Synchrony plug-in ('SyPi').
• Digitized rewards: No more paper checks! Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future purchases made both online and in-club, or exchanged for cash back.
• Applying made easy: The Sam's Club Mastercard is now available to apply for in all in-Club and digital channels including: at member services, at the point of sale - including through Scan & Go; on Sam's Club Mobile App, SamsClub.com, Text-to-Apply, and Self-Checkout enabled with Synchrony's patent-pending dApply technology, API's, and the Synchrony plug-in ('SyPi').
Table of Contents
Sam’s Club Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 5% Cash Back Rewards on gas purchases on the first $6,000 per year, then 1%.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||5% cash back on gas (on the first $6,000 per year), 3% back on dining and takeout, and 1% back on all other purchases.|
|Balance Transfer Fees||Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater.|
(Visit Sam’s Club to learn more)
Sam’s Club Mastercard 5% Rewards Offer
For credit cardholders, Sam’s Club is offering a chance to earn 5% cash back on gas for the first $6,000 per year, then 1%.
With this card, you can earn some decent cash back on gas and save money.
Sam’s Club Mastercard Benefits
- Cardholder Experience. Issued by Synchrony Bank, the Sam’s Club Mastercard enjoys the benefits of being a member of this bank. They are ranked 10th out of 11 national credit card issuers in J.D. Power’s 2019 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study, with a score of 780 out of 1,000 points comparing with the national average of 806 points. Manage your account online at any time.
- Security Features. The Sam’s Club Mastercards provides security features that are common to other Mastercards. This includes features such as zero fraud liability for fraudulent purchases and ID theft protection. The card doesn’t offer much in the way of additional security.
Compare Sam’s Club Credit Cards
|Sam’s Club Credit Card||Sam’s Club Mastercard|
|Earn 5% cash back on gas
anywhere Mastercard is accepted
(on first $6,000 per year, then 1%)**
|Earn 3% cash back Sam’s Club purchases for Plus
members. Club members earn 1% cash back**
|Earn 3% cash back on dining and takeout**||–||x|
|Earn 1% cash back on other purchases
at Sam’s Club and wherever Mastercard
|Acceptance at all Sam’s Club
and Walmart® locations nationwide
|No annual fee†||x||x|
|Doubles as your membership card||x||x|
All in all, the Sam’s Club Mastercard is good choice for those who are looking to get rewarded on their gas purchases. They offer several perks and benefits that might suit your needs. However, this card rewards as some other cash back credit cards may offer.
†For new accounts: Variable Purchase APR is 14.90% or 22.90% Minimum interest charge is $2.00 for both cards. All APRs are accurate as of January 1, 2021 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit agreement)
*Cash Rewards are only available for Sam’s Club Plus Members for in-club purchases with any form of payment. Sam’s Club Plus Members get 2% back on qualifying pre-tax purchases with a maximum reward of $500 per 12-month membership period. Cash Rewards are awarded annually about 2 months prior to renewal date and loaded onto the membership card for use in club, on SamsClub.com or redeemable for cash. A member can accumulate a Maximum Balance of $2,000 in earned Cash Rewards on a membership card, at which point accrual of Cash Rewards stops until the Maximum Balance is reduced. Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases made during the time of Maximum Balance. Restrictions apply. Visit SamsClub.com/CashRewards for exclusions, program details and terms and conditions.
**Sam’s Club® Mastercard® cardholders earn Cash Back Rewards on eligible net purchases (less credits, returns, taxes and adjustments) made with their Sam’s Club® Mastercard® account. Rewards percentages depend on the type of purchase made. Cash Back Rewards are not earned on the following purchases or transactions at Sam’s Club or SamsClub.com: cash advances, tobacco and smoking related products (including electronic cigarettes), prescription purchases, reloading or purchase of prepaid cards, gift cards (including third party gift cards), or any cash equivalents. Maximum of $5,000 in Cash Back Rewards can be earned in a calendar year. Eligible Purchases on multiple Card Accounts for the same Sam’s Club member, including business and personal accounts, will be aggregated in determining the $5,000 maximum Cash Back per year. Cash Back Rewards are issued starting each February for the Cash Back earned during the previous calendar year. Cash Back Rewards are forfeited if the Sam’s Club® Mastercard® account is not in good standing (i.e., is delinquent) or if the Sam’s Club Membership terminates or lapses. Cash Back Rewards will be automatically loaded onto your Sam’s Club membership and may be redeemed only at a Sam’s Club location or at SamsClub.com. See the “How to Earn Cash Back with your Sam’s Club® Mastercard®” rewards program terms or visit SamsClub.com/sams/images/ MasterCard_CashBack.pdf for details. The Sam’s Club Mastercard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.