If you are looking for a travel rewards credit card to help earn easy miles, then consider signing up for the U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card. This card will earn you easy miles that will add up towards your next big reward!
As a sign up bonus, you could get 30,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in eligible net purchases in 90 days. Not to mention you’ll also receive a $50 discount coupon for a Korean Air ticket.
Don’t forget about earning 2X miles per $1 spent on all Korean Air ticket purchases, gas and hotel purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on all purchases. Keep in mind that there is a $95 annual fee that is not waived for the first year. If this is something you’re interested in, continue reading ahead!
* You can compare the SKYPASS Visa Business Card with other credit card bonuses and promotions as well as other SKYPASS cards:
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||$50 off coupon for a Korean Air ticket purchase each year.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2 miles for every $1 spent on Korean Air ticket purchases, 2 miles for every $1 spent on gas stations and hotels, and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Receive 2,000 bonus miles every year when you renew your membership.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||Receive 2 KAL Lounge coupons every year.|
- Bonus miles
- Bonus on non-airline spending
- Anniversary bonus
- Annual $50 air ticket coupon
- 2 KAL Lounge passes every year
- Partner airlines
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited perks
- Complicated rewards
What are Korean Air SKYPASS Miles Worth?
Your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. You can redeem for tickets or upgrades with Korean Air and SkyTeam member airlines. There are also a number of non-SkyTeam Airlines you can redeem for tickets with. On average, each SKYPASS mile is worth $0.017. That’s a great value considering the average is just $0.01 per point.
You can use your SKYPASS miles towards:
- Flights (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners, non-SkyTeam partners)
- Upgrades (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners)
- KAL Lounge access
- Excess baggage (Korean Air)
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- KAL limousines
- Coatroom service
- Visits to Jeju Folk Village Museum
You’ll get the most value for your SKYPASS miles if you use them for flights with Korean Air or a partner airline!
SkyTeam Member Airlines
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- & More!
Non-SkyTeam Partner Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- China Southern
- Etihad Airways
- GOL Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Jet Airways
U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Benefits
- $50 Discount coupon for Korean Air ticket each year: Primary cardmember will receive a $50 discount coupon in cardmember’s SKYPASS account upon SKYPASS Visa Signature or Business card account opening and each anniversary date. Please allow 10 business days from new account opening and up to 4-6 weeks for anniversary accounts, for the coupons to be deposited into your SKYPASS account. Discount applies to qualified Korean Air ticket purchases on koreanair.com made within 90 days from the date the coupon is deposited into cardmember’s SKYPASS account.
- 2,000 Bonus Miles at Renewal. Allow 8 to 10 weeks after the annual fee is paid for your annual renewal Bonus Miles to be awarded to your SKYPASS account. Annual fee must be paid in the month it is due to be eligible for renewal Bonus Miles credit. Certain limitations and restrictions may apply.
- 2 KAL Lounge coupons each year. Lounge Coupon is valid for one (1) lounge use only and must be surrendered upon entering a Korean Air Lounge. To access a Korean Air Lounge in North American Korean Air gateway cities, or to access the KAL Prestige Lounge at Incheon after check-in or en route to the final destination, proceed directly to the Lounge with the Coupon. Each year, the primary cardmember will receive two (2) Lounge Coupons 8 to 10 weeks after your annual fee is paid.
SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Top Features
Get 2,000 bonus miles every year when you renew your membership. To qualify, pay the card’s annual fee in the month that it’s due.
Enjoy a couple of Korean Air perks every year. You’ll get:
- One $50 coupon towards a Korean Air ticket purchase
- Two KAL Lounge coupons
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the SKYPASS Visa Signature Card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card is a great travel rewards card that allows you to get bonus miles quickly while having no foreign transaction fee. You will receive 30,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in eligible net purchases in 90 days.
Enjoy additional benefits such as 2X miles per $1 spent on all Korean Air ticket purchases, gas and hotel purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on all purchases that can be put towards your next flight.
(Visit U.S. Bank for more details about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
For More Flexibility
Several other cards offer valuable sign-up bonuses and ongoing rewards for a similar annual fee: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, and the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Furthermore, you'll earn 2X total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card offers a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel.
You'll earn 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!
The annual fee is more than double, but many frequent travelers like the overall value of the American Express Gold Card.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide & at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X); 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.