If you are looking for a travel rewards credit card to help earn easy miles, then consider signing up for the U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card. This card will earn you easy miles that will add up towards your next big reward!
As a sign up bonus, you could get 30,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in eligible net purchases in 90 days. Not to mention you’ll also receive a $50 discount coupon for a Korean Air ticket.
Don’t forget about earning 2X miles per $1 spent on all Korean Air ticket purchases, gas and hotel purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on all purchases. Keep in mind that there is a $95 annual fee that is not waived for the first year. If this is something you’re interested in, continue reading ahead!
* You can compare the SKYPASS Visa Business Card with other credit card bonuses and promotions as well as other SKYPASS cards:
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||$50 off coupon for a Korean Air ticket purchase each year.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2 miles for every $1 spent on Korean Air ticket purchases, 2 miles for every $1 spent on gas stations and hotels, and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Receive 2,000 bonus miles every year when you renew your membership.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||Receive 2 KAL Lounge coupons every year.|
(Visit U.S. Bank for more details about this card.)
What are Korean Air SKYPASS Miles Worth?
Your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. You can redeem for tickets or upgrades with Korean Air and SkyTeam member airlines. There are also a number of non-SkyTeam Airlines you can redeem for tickets with. On average, each SKYPASS mile is worth $0.017. That’s a great value considering the average is just $0.01 per point.
You can use your SKYPASS miles towards:
- Flights (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners, non-SkyTeam partners)
- Upgrades (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners)
- KAL Lounge access
- Excess baggage (Korean Air)
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- KAL limousines
- Coatroom service
- Visits to Jeju Folk Village Museum
You’ll get the most value for your SKYPASS miles if you use them for flights with Korean Air or a partner airline!
SkyTeam Member Airlines
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- & More!
Non-SkyTeam Partner Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- China Southern
- Etihad Airways
- GOL Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Jet Airways
U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Benefits
- $50 Discount coupon for Korean Air ticket each year: Primary cardmember will receive a $50 discount coupon in cardmember’s SKYPASS account upon SKYPASS Visa Signature or Business card account opening and each anniversary date. Please allow 10 business days from new account opening and up to 4-6 weeks for anniversary accounts, for the coupons to be deposited into your SKYPASS account. Discount applies to qualified Korean Air ticket purchases on koreanair.com made within 90 days from the date the coupon is deposited into cardmember’s SKYPASS account.
- 2,000 Bonus Miles at Renewal. Allow 8 to 10 weeks after the annual fee is paid for your annual renewal Bonus Miles to be awarded to your SKYPASS account. Annual fee must be paid in the month it is due to be eligible for renewal Bonus Miles credit. Certain limitations and restrictions may apply.
- 2 KAL Lounge coupons each year. Lounge Coupon is valid for one (1) lounge use only and must be surrendered upon entering a Korean Air Lounge. To access a Korean Air Lounge in North American Korean Air gateway cities, or to access the KAL Prestige Lounge at Incheon after check-in or en route to the final destination, proceed directly to the Lounge with the Coupon. Each year, the primary cardmember will receive two (2) Lounge Coupons 8 to 10 weeks after your annual fee is paid.
SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Top Features
Get 2,000 bonus miles every year when you renew your membership. To qualify, pay the card’s annual fee in the month that it’s due.
Enjoy a couple of Korean Air perks every year. You’ll get:
- One $50 coupon towards a Korean Air ticket purchase
- Two KAL Lounge coupons
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the SKYPASS Visa Signature Card.
The U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card is a great travel rewards card that allows you to get bonus miles quickly while having no foreign transaction fee. You will receive 30,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in eligible net purchases in 90 days.
Enjoy additional benefits such as 2X miles per $1 spent on all Korean Air ticket purchases, gas and hotel purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on all purchases that can be put towards your next flight.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.