Find the latest South State Bank Promotions, Bonuses, and Offers here.
Currently, You can earn a $200 bonus from South State Bank when you open a new Checking account and complete the requirements.
Table of Contents
About South State Bank Promotions
Established in 1934, South State Bank is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina and has over 130 locations throughout Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Their commitment to outstanding service, building long-lasting customer relationships and providing the best financial solutions have made South State Bank one of the fastest-growing regional banks in the South.
I’ll review the current South State Bank promotions below.
South State Bank $200 Checking Bonus *No Direct Deposit Required*
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Account Type: Checking account
- Availability: GA, NC, SC (Branch Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Optional, you can preauthorized automatic draft(s) of $25 instead. (See what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystem: Yes
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $250
- Monthly Fees: $8, avoidable
- Early Account Termination Fee: $25 if closed within 90 days
- Household Limit: None
(Expires March 31, 2023)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with bonus offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money™ Account ($200 bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking ($400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a new personal checking account using promo code EARN200
- Make a minimum of 15 debit card purchases or payments.
- Within 60 days, have a total of $250 in direct deposits OR have at least 1 automatic draft of $25 to a non-SouthState Bank account.
- Bonus will be credited to your account within 2 business days of the completion of the 60 day qualifying period.
- Promotional offer applies to new personal checking accounts (excluding SouthState at Work product type) opened between 01/09/2023 and 03/31/2023 with the promo code EARN200.
- To open an account at a branch location, a $25 minimum deposit is required; no minimum deposit is required for accounts opened online. Residency restrictions may apply and offer not available to employees of SouthState Bank, N.A. or its subsidiaries.
Offer is limited to one per customer, cannot be combined with any other personal checking or deposit offer, or reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred or traded. SouthState reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offer at any time without notice.
- o receive the $200 rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
- At account opening, you cannot be a current owner or joint owner of a SouthState personal checking account, or have been an owner or joint owner of a SouthState personal checking account in the past 12 months.
- Within 60 calendar days of opening the account, you must have:
- 15 or more posted and cleared debit card purchases/payments from the account; AND
- Monthly cumulative direct deposits of at least $250 of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income (Note: Internal account transfers, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.); OR
- One or more preauthorized automatic drafts by a third party of at least $25 (excluding recurring Debit Card payments and person to person transfers).
- Your account must be open with no changes to the product type (i.e. SouthState Checking, Choice Checking, Gold Checking etc.) at the time of payment.
- If you meet all of the Eligibility and Qualifications above, we will post the $200 rebate to your account within 2 business days of the completion of the 60 calendar day qualifying period. The rebate will be reported to the appropriate taxing authorities, as required by law or regulation.
South State Bank $25 Referral Bonus
Earn a $25 bonus from South State Bank when you open a new Checking account and complete the requirements.
- What you’ll get: $25 bonus
- Account Type: Checking account
- Availability: GA, NC, SC, VA
(No expiration date)
|For more advanced features in a checking account, compare this offer to BMO Harris PremierTM Account ($350 Bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking ($600 bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus), HSBC Bank Premier Checking ($500 Bonus), Chase Private Client ($2,000 Bonus), and Citigold® Checking Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Print our Refer a Friend form.
- Print your name and address on the form. Please use the contact information associated with your SouthState account.
- Give the completed form to a friend, and recommend a personal checking account at SouthState.
- Tell your friend to present this form when opening and funding a new checking account.
- After the account is opened, and all conditions are met, we’ll credit your checking account with $25!
- Promotional Offer Rules: This offer applies to new personal checking accounts opened at a South State branch location with a valid Refer a Friend Form. A $25 minimum deposit is required, and new accounts are subject to approval. South State reserves the right to modify or discontinue this offer at any time without notice. The offer is not available to employees of South State Bank or its subsidiaries. The offer is also not available for South State at Work, Health Savings, Money Market, Fiduciary and Construction accounts.
- Eligibility and Conditions
- Referring Customer: The Referring Customer must have an open qualifying personal checking account at South State at both the time of referral and the time of the “Refer a Friend Bonus.” The Referring Customer cannot be an owner or co-owner of the Referred Customer’s new personal checking account.
- Referred Customer: The Referred Customer cannot have an existing personal checking account at South State and must reside in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia or Virginia at the time of account opening. The Referred Customer must have five (5) or more posted and cleared debit card purchases/payments within 30 calendar days after account opening (“Qualifying Period”).
- Bonus Payment: If all of the eligibility and conditions are met, we will credit the Referring Customer’s account with a $25 Refer a Friend Bonus within 10 calendar days of the Qualifying Period. The $25 bonus will be reported to the appropriate taxing authorities, as required by law or regulation.
How to Waive Monthly Fees
- SouthState Checking: $5.00 monthly can be waived when you’re enrolled in eStatements
- Choice Checking: $8.00 monthly can be waived with:
- 15 or more posted & cleared debit card purchases/payments or
- $250 or more in combined direct deposits
- $1,500 or more average daily balance
- Gold Checking: $15.00 monthly can be waived with:
- $5,000 minimum daily balance,
- $25,000 aggregate loan and deposit balances
- Community Hero Checking: No monthly fees
- Small Business Checking: No monthly fees
- Business Gold Checking: $15.00 monthly can be waived when you have:
- $2,500 average daily balance in checking or
- $10,000 minimum daily balance in other combined deposits or
- $10,000 minimum daily balance in outstanding combined loan balances, or
- 15 posted and cleared SouthState debit card purchases/payments
- Community Checking: No monthly fees
South State Bank is a great bank option for new sign-up promotions when becomes available. They offer a variety of different ways to waive all their accounts, to help you save your money.
*Check back on this page for updated South State Bank promotions, bonuses, and offers.