Transportation and Alliance Bank or TAB Bank, is an online financial institution that offers great rates on all their accounts. To find out if TAB Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
TAB Bank originates from Ogden, Utah and is considered a nationwide success. Their checking and savings accounts offer some of the highest APY, and they have low minimum fees as well.
If you open a Kasasa Checking account, you will automatically have access to Kasasa Savers, and they both will work as a conjoined account to earn you high interest as long as you meet their requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 CD Account Options
- 6 Compare CD Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with TAB Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with TAB Bank
- 9 TAB Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How TAB Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
TAB Bank offers a small selection of checking accounts, but they all have certain benefits to them. Each account comes with access to the My Spending, Budgeting Tool, online banking and online bill pay.
Just as the name implies, this is an everyday checking account. This accounts earns a fixed interest rate and only costs $25 to open it.
There is also an $8 monthly fee to consider, but you can waive it by either:
- Keeping a daily minimum balance of $1,000 in your account
- Have $1,200 in direct deposits per month
This checking account is a favorite of many since it requires no minimum opening deposit and can earn high interest.
Kasasa Cash Checking offers cash rewards and extremely high APY if you manage to meet their requirements.
You can essentially earn an APY up to 4.00% if you manage to keep a daily balance of $50,000, but you have to maintain this amount everyday or else interest will decrease.
You will also receive refunds in ATM withdrawal fees up to $15 monthly.
This checking account is specifically designed for truckers. You will need $25 to open it, but will gain access to all these truckers’ perks.
When you open an account, you can qualify for certain checks such as ComData, T-chek, EFS either online or through the phone.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
TAB Bank has pretty good savings accounts as they all offer a higher than average APY and has various benefits.
However, the best thing about TAB Bank’s savings is that all their savings accounts require no monthly service fee!
This savings account is automatically linked to your Kasasa checking account if you opened one.
It requires no minimum opening deposit and you can earn decent interest rates.
The rewards earned on Kasasa Checking are automatically transferred to your Kasasa Saver’s account allowing for maximized rewards.
If you manage to keep a daily balance of $100,000, you can earn 1.50% APY, but if the balance goes below, the APY will also decrease.
This savings account earns really high interest and doesn’t require a minimum opening deposit!
It’s easier to maintain than the other savings accounts, only needing $1 as a daily balance.
This savings account would be considered the standard and you will need $25 to open it.
The rates earned on this is low, but at least there are no monthly service fees to worry about.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.90% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.90% APY as of 6/21/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
CD Account Options
TAB Bank offers CDs with fantastic rates. They range from 6 months to 60 months and requires $1000 to open for each of them.
To find more about TAB Bank’s CDs, click here.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.30% APY up to 2.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with TAB Bank
- Combine your checking and savings account with Kasasa, and earn higher than average APY as long as you manage maintain the daily minimum balance required.
- Low minimum opening deposits.
- They don’t require monthly service fees on all their savings accounts.
- They have a financial budgeting tool called “My Spending, My Budgeting” to help you keep tracking of your spending and savings.
- Truckers can benefit solely from TAB Chrome Checking.
- You can earn cash rewards with Kasasa Cash Checking and transfer it to Kasasa Saver.
- You can access all your banking online with the TAB website or app.
- The interest on all accounts is compounded daily.
Reasons Not to Bank with TAB Bank
- They have slightly high minimum balance requirements.
- They don’t have any ATMS available, they aren’t partnered with any.
- Since TAB Bank is only available online, it would be an inconvenience to those who prefer to speak to a customer service representative in person.
TAB Bank Routing Number
The routing number for TAB Bank is 124384657.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach TAB Bank at 800-355-3063.
They are open from:
Monday – Friday: 6 a.m.– 7 p.m. (MT)
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (MT)
How TAB Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- CIT Bank: CIT Bank offers various account options and has a wider range of CD options to choose from. They are also offering significantly higher APY for their savings, money market and CD accounts.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you prefer to combine your checking and savings account without keeping up with a pesky monthly fee, then consider banking with TAB Bank.
Although they offer other options, Kasasa Checking and Kasasa Saver are highly recommended if you care about earning high APY.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If TAB Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!