If you are a frequent traveler who is looking for a credit card with flexible rewards but just can’t decide on which one, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card. It’s an excellent option for you flyers!
This card offers 25,000 bonus points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening! Along with this, you could earn an unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, making it a great everyday card as well.
This is a solid travel rewards credit card with no annual fee, a generous sign-up bonus, and many other perks. If you’re interested in what more the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card has to offer, see below!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months.||Chase Freedom FlexSM $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 80K Points after $8,000 spend within 6 months. Terms Apply.||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 75K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points after $6,000 spend within 6 months. Terms Apply.||Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy!|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer after $3,000 spend within 6 months. Terms Apply.||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $200 Welcome Offer after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms Apply.|
|Ink Business Preferred® Card 100K Points after $8,000 spend within first 3 months||Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card $900 Bonus after $6,000 spend within 3 months|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus after $1,000 spend within 90 days||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
*The Travel Rewards card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||25,000 bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening – which can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases|
|Intro APR||Introductory 0% APR for your first 12 billing cycles for purchases.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases everywhere, every time and no expiration on points.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
(Visit Bank of America to learn more)
What are BoA Travel Rewards Points Worth?
Points are valued at $0.01 per point, so 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for a $250 statement. A per point value of $0.01 is average. But, if you’re a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, you’ll receive a points boost between 25% to 75%.
With BoA Travel Rewards, you’ll earn unlimited 1.5 points on every dollar spent with no expiration date. These points can be later be redeemed – with no restrictions or blackout dates – in the form of statement credit on travel expenses, which means points are used to pay for past purchases instead of future travel. In order to start redeeming your rewards, you’ll need to reach up at least 2,500 points.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Top Features
For this credit card, you’ll get 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles. This gives you an incredible amount of flexibility. After the first 12 billing cycles, your APR will go to Bank of America’s standard rates.
Note that the introductory rate doesn’t apply to balance transfers.
There are few other travel cards with no annual fee and even fewer that combine this with a large sign-up bonus that you can spend towards travel on any site.
Rewards never expire as long as the account is open, so you can take your time earning unlimited points without an annual fee chipping away at your rewards. This is worth considering if you don’t have high enough spending to justify an annual fee card.
With zero foreign transaction fees, this card is quite attractive to those that travel often internationally. You don’t want to be concerned with how much you’ll get hit with foreign transaction fees when you make a purchase abroad. Use the card anywhere in the world without having to pay an extra 3 to 4 percent.
If you have a checking or savings account with Bank of America, you get a 10% customer bonus on every purchase. Spending $10,000 a year and earning 1.5 points per dollar, you’ll receive $150 in rewards. With a 10% boost, that rises to $165 (1.65 points per dollar).
If you don’t have an BoA checking account, read the current BoA checking account bonuses to help you decide whether you should switch or not!
This credit card is also eligible to receive a Preferred Rewards bonus. The Preferred Rewards bonus will replace the 10% customer bonus.
You are eligible to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program if you have an active Bank of America personal checking or Advantage Banking account and maintain a 3-month average combined balance in your Bank of America accounts, and/or your Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
Enrolled clients can receive a Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% for the Gold tier, 50% for the Platinum tier or 75% for the Platinum Honors tier.
|Qualifying Balance||Rewards Bonus||Points per Dollar|
|Platinum Honors- $100,000||75%||2.625|
- Concierge Service – The Visa Signature concierge service gives you access to concierges who can help with travel planning, restaurant recommendations and event reservations.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection – Cardholders have Visa Signature privileges, including access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card is the perfect travel rewards card or everyday card for you. Travelers are rewarded for their travels with this easy and simple card. Rack points up and put it towards your next trip!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.