Barrington Bank has a full selection of unique account options. To find out if Barrington Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Barrington is a subsidiary of Wintrust which is based in Illinois. They have several other branches to help them promote their bank.
Barrington is different than other local banks in Chicago because they offer a huge variety of checking accounts that can get the job done.
They have second chance checking, student checking and even specific team accounts to honor their baseball mascots.
Checking Account Options
Barrington Bank offers a wide variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements, but they have some that don’t require a single cent to open and maintain also.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $100 to open this checking account, but then everything is fee-free afterwards.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements that follow afterwards.
This is a particular checking account for baseball fans of the Cubs or White Sox! You can open it with $100.
You will receive a special personalized Cubs or White Mastercard debit card.
There are no minimum balance requirements nor monthly fees to worry about either.
This checking account that earns variable interest rates and requires an opening deposit of $100.
If you keep a daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the $10 monthly fee.
You can open this high interest bearing checking account with $100.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000, you can waive the monthly fee of $25.
This checking account is available to students 13-25 and is completely free to open in every way.
There is no opening deposit required along with no minimum balance nor monthly fees as well!
Pre-teens to young adults can save their money and not have to worry about keeping up with fees.
Those under 18 will have to have a joint account with their parent.
This is considered a second chance checking account that is also completely free to open!
There is no opening deposit required nor monthly fees.
You also don’t have to worry about any minimum balance requirements either.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Barrington Bank only has two savings accounts but they are both free to open and earn interest as well!
This savings account can be opened for free and it earns interest!
There is a $5 monthly fee, but it can be waived if you keep a daily balance of $200.
This savings account is also free to open and is interest bearing!
As long as you keep a daily balance of $200, you won’t have to pay the $5 monthly fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 4.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB923 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 12/14/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.25% APY as of 8/18/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Barrington Bank has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
- Open this account with $100
- To waive the $15 monthly fee you will have to maintain a daily balance of $2,500
- Earns tiered and variable interest rates
- Interest is paid monthly
- You can receive eStatements
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 4.25% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 4.20% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Barrington Bank offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates, and interest is compounded daily.
Theses terms are available for 12 or 18 months and can be opened online.
The CD will also automatically renew upon maturity.
You will have to contact Barrington Bank to find out additional information such as opening deposits.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 5.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Barrington Bank
- They have a wide variety of checking accounts.
- Offers several accounts that are completely free to open.
- Their Statement Savings account is free to open and still interest bearing.
- They provide a student savings account available to preteens and young adults.
- Cubs or White Sox fans can enjoy having their own personalized checking accounts.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Barrington Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Barrington Bank
- They are only located in Illinois with a total of 7 physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking account.
- Doesn’t have a specific senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of variety in savings accounts.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
- You might have to call Barrington to discuss about certain additional information that aren’t listed on their website.
Barrington Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Barrington Bank is 071925651.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Barrington Bank at 847-842-4500.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m (CST)
- Saturday at 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CST)
How Barrington Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Illinois and enjoy having a wide selection of checking accounts to choose from when opening one or need another chance at fixing your financial history, then Barrington Bank can provide that service.
Barrington offers pretty consistent opening deposits, but some of their accounts don’t even need an opening deposit let alone balance requirements or monthly fees.
For Cubs and White Sox fans, you can receive a personalized Mastercard debit card designed to your liking.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Barrington Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!