If you have ever been charged for credit monitoring from MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense, you should be eligible for a cash refund from the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The defendant in the lawsuit, One Technologies, operates MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense, and at least 50 other websites that offered “free credit scores” to consumers. According to the plaintiffs, customers of these sites were automatically enrolled in credit monitoring programs and were charged monthly fees without their consent. Allegedly, One Technologies did not clearly inform consumers that if they failed to cancel their free trial within seven days, they would be billed $29.95 per month. As a result of this class action lawsuit, the defendant will set up a $22 million settlement fund for consumers who were affected by the alleged free credit score scam. The settlement also requires the company to get consumers’ consent before billing them and provide them with an easy way to cancel. One Technologies denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|Blue Federal Credit Union: Enjoy 5.25% APY when you open a 15-Month Share Certificate, that's 2.3x higher than national average. It's federally insured by NCUA with no fees, and $1 minimum to open. You'll have 24/7 online access to funds. Learn More---Blue Federal Credit Union Review
|Western Alliance Bank: Earn 5.13% APY when you open a 12-Month Share Certificate, that's higher than national average. Excellent rates with NO fees. FDIC insured. $1 minimum deposit. 24/7 online access. Special opportunity for consumers to save with the nation’s top commercial bank.
Learn More---Western Alliance Bank Review
|Blue Federal Credit Union: Get 5.10% APY with a 9-Month No-Penalty Certificate, that's 2.2x higher than the national average. Federally insured by NCUA. It has no fees and just $1 minimum to open. 24/7 online access to funds. Learn More---Blue Federal Credit Union Review
Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit:
- MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/28/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Consumers who were charged for MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense credit monitoring are eligible to apply for a refund.
- NOTE: Eligible claimants should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail. If you have questions, you may contact the Claims Administrator at 1-844-828-4441.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Federal Trade Commission, et al. v. One Technologies, et al., Case No. 3:14-cv-05066, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- If you are a class member, you should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail.
- Gather your claim information and head to the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form.
- Enter your Claim Number and PIN.
- Fill out the rest of the form with the required information.
- File your claim by 12/28/2015 if you want to be included in the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Settlement.
Anybody who has had to pay MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense for supposedly free credit scores deserves to be reimbursed by the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The company behind these sites, One Technologies, led customers to believe that they could receive free credit scores, when in reality, the websites would charge unknowing customers for a monthly fee after the trial period. Now, One Technologies is paying its customers back with a cash refund. Check out the full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements on HMB.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.