Bank of America N.A. and Countrywide Home Loans Inc. are settling a class action lawsuit concerning mortgage loan services by the companies in the state of Georgia. If you owned a previously mortgaged property in the state of Georgia as of 2/12/2007 or 4/1/2015, and either of the two companies failed to transmit a satisfaction or cancellation of the lien on the property, you may be entitled to up to $500 cash. The Bank of America/Countrywide Lien Release class action lawsuit accuses the companies of failing to inform consumers of a lien release, which is a message to mortgage owners that their mortgage has been paid in full, within the time frame required by Georgia state laws. The two companies deny any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the lawsuit outside of court.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review
BofA/Countrywide Lien Release Lawsuit:
- Bank of America/Countrywide Lien Release Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 8/24/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who owned a previously mortgaged property in the state of Georgia as of 2/12/2007 or 4/1/2015 and did not receive a satisfaction or cancellation of the lien on the property.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $500
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, you should have received a post card notice in the mail. If so, you should file a claim and provide the individual identification number found on the post card notice. If you can’t find the notice, a proof of ownership of your property (such as a property bill) covered under the proposed settlement should be provided with the claim form.
- Case Name & Number: Schorr v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. and Bank of America, N.A., Case No. 4:07-CV-00019-WLS, in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, Columbus Division.
If you are affected by the Bank of America and Countrywide Lien Release Class Action Lawsuit, you may be able to make a claim and get up to $500 cash. Just provide your claim number or proof ownership of an eligible Georgia property and file a claim. There’s an entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements that you could be checking out right now!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.