All residents who have ever had an address in Virginia and had a Credit Plus MERS Report with a mortgage status field indicating ‘inactive’ filed to them from February 4, 2014 to September 19, 2016 may be eligible for a cash payment of $142. Credit Plus has entered into a settlement regarding its company inaccurately reporting mortgage statuses to consumers as inactive, which violated the FCRA. Credit Plus has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 01/27/17 to receive your potential award!
Credit Plus Class Action Lawsuit:
- Credit Plus Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 1/27/17
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you received an inaccurate Credit Plus MERS Report status from February 4, 2014 to September 19, 2016
- Estimated Amount: $142
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Inmer Campos-Carranza, et al. v. Credit Plus Inc., Case No. 1:16-cv-00120, in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Credit Plus Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 1/27/17 receive your potential award!
If you ever resided in Virginia and received a Credit Plus MERS Report that claimed your mortgage status field as inaccurate from February 4, 2014 to September 19, 2016, you may be eligible for a cash payment of $142. According to the settlement, Credit Plus violated the FCRA by inaccurately sending out reports stating that certain consumers mortgage statuses were “inactive” even though they weren’t. This caused problems such as causing the mortgage underwriting process to be delayed etc. Credit Plus has denied any allegations or wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 1/27/2017 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
|EFCU Financial||LA||1.60%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||1.44%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|TEXAR Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||1.25%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||1.01%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.80%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|MapleMark Bank||Nationwide||0.75%||$25k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.72%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|