If you own a property with GAF Timberline roofing shingles made between 1998 and 2009, then you may be eligible to receive free replacement shingles or a cash payment from the GAF Timberline Shingles Class Action Lawsuit. According to this lawsuit, GAF Timberline shingles are allegedly defective and do not last. The plaintiffs claim the shingles suffer from premature cracking, splitting, or tearing. GAF Materials Corp. denies the shingles are defective and maintains that its warranty appropriately covers any problems but have chosen to settle the lawsuit outside of court.
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through December 19, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB922 by 12/15/2022 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.00% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|HSBC Premier Checking Account: Earn $500 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000. Member FDIC Terms|
This settlement requires members to submit a Claim Kit, which consists of (in addition to the Claim Form) one full size and intact cracked Timberline shingle and supporting photographs and documentation. The Claim Form itself will ask you to provide the following information:
- Your name as owner of the structure and, if applicable, the names of any co-owners;
- Address of the structure that has Timberline shingles;
- Your address and, if applicable, the addresses of any co-owners;
- Whether you are the original owner or a subsequent owner;
- Your telephone number, email address, and preferred means of contact;
- Type of structure;
- Date when you first found out your Timberline shingles were cracked; and
- Date you purchased the structure.
GAF Timberline Class Action Lawsuit:
- GAF Timberline Shingles Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: The deadline is anytime before your warranty expires or seven years from the effective date of the settlement. Whichever comes earlier is the deadline.
- Who’s Eligible: There are two GAF Timberline shingle settlements, which cover two different types of Class Members:
- Mobile Settlement Class: Any qualified person or business who owns any property located in the United States with GAF Timberline Shingles manufactured at GAF’s plant in Mobile, Alabama, during the period from 1/1/1999 through 12/31/2007. There is a Subclass or group of those Class Members who own property located in South Carolina.
- Non-Mobile Settlement Class: Any qualified person or business who owns any property located in the United States with GAF Timberline Shingles manufactured at other GAF plants in the United States during the period from 1/1/1998 through 12/31/2009.
- Estimated Amount: Replacement shingles or a cash payment. The benefits you may receive will vary based on: 1) the location of your property, 2) where your Timberline shingles were made, 3) the date the shingles were installed and the date on which you make a claim, 4) the type and extent of damage to the shingles, 5) the size of your roof. You may also receive payment for other damages, such as the cost of labor and any damage to the Roof System and other building materials.
- Proof of Purchase: Required
- Case Name & Number: In re: Building Materials Corp. of America Asphalt Roofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 8:11-mn-02000 (D.S.C.), in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.
There have been numerous complaints about GAF Timberline shingles, so if you think that you’ve had to deal with repairing this brand of shingles, you can get a replacement or cash award from the GAF Timberline Class Action Lawsuit. There is a lot of documentation that needs to be provided including a full size, intact cracked shingle and supporting photographs. There is no proof of purchase required and the deadline is 10/16/2015. Find out if you qualify for more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements.
|EFCU Financial||LA||1.60%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||1.44%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|TEXAR Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||1.25%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||1.01%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.80%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|MapleMark Bank||Nationwide||0.75%||$25k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.72%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|