Citibank announced that their new national digital bank will allow anyone nationwide to sign up for a Citi deposit account within the app. Also, they’ve added a range of new features such as seamless in-app account opening, spending insights, enhanced client’s financial wellness, and more. And the most unique part is that they’re allowing non Citi consumers to create a profile. This allows them to connect their accounts across financial services providers which will benefit the app’s account aggregation, insights, and bill management features. To learn more about Citibank National Digital Bank, keep reading! And don’t forget to check out our full lists of Citibank Promotions!
|BMO Relationship Checking: Earn $600 cash bonus when you open a new Relationship Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Relationship Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking: Earn up to $1,000 when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking account and a Standard Savings account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through September 6, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 4.30% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|
Citi’s New Features:
All of the features went through multiple rounds of research and testing with clients. Additional features will continue to launch in the months ahead.
- In-app Account Opening: It’s never been faster or easier to open a new account with Citi. Approved customers may open a bank account entirely within the app, in mere minutes. New mobile customers can begin using their account instantly — no need to wait for a debit card to arrive — and take advantage of our suite of wellness tools immediately. If you’re interested in making the switch make sure to read our How to Switch Banks and you’re not interested in opening an an account through Citi then learn How To Open A Bank Account.
- 360 Financial View: Citi is the first major U.S. bank with a mobile app that can serve as a single hub for users’ financial lives, eliminating the need for additional financial tracking and budgeting apps. This feature provides customers with a holistic view of their financial lives across their Citi accounts and other financial services providers.
- Spending Insights: Beyond simply displaying transactions, Citi’s app puts customers’ data to work for them with access to accurate, meaningful insights to build healthy habits that will last a lifetime. This capability helps customers track their monthly spending vs. income, make progress toward weekly spending goals, unlock opportunities to save, and illuminate insights across all their spending. With these tips in mind, also take a look at Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Bank.
- Bill Power: Customers asked us for a more comprehensive, intuitive bill-pay capability and we’ve delivered. Mobile users can easily view their bills – everything from mortgage payments and student loans to gym memberships and streaming video services – not just those they pay with a Citi card. Managing bills is about more than paying them. It’s about being notified when a bill increases and providing customers with full visibility and control over recurring charges.
In addition to a number of other changes seen in the app, such as the power to lock your card, card activation with a picture, card replacing, recurring charge view, and dispute charges, these enhancements are a huge step in the right direction. Especially with research showing that customers trust banks more than non-banks with their information. With that being said, it is great that Citibank has been upgrading their features. If you are looking for more options, then browse more offers from the fully updated HMB list of Bank Bonuses!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).