Prosper.com is a beneficial place to borrow money or lend it. Borrowers get competitive rates without the hassle of bank’s stringent policies, while lenders have the chance to earn a return on their money.
Prosper.com connects borrowers and lenders and possibly engages them in mutually beneficial transactions. It is the oldest lending network and its process is basic and it’s easy for borrowers and lenders/investors to get started. However, it is critical that you do your homework and weigh your options before proceeding with prosper.com or any other one of these lending programs. Any social lending venture can result in loss for the investors, undesirable rates for the borrowers and bad blood between both parties due to said occurences.
Borrowers can apply for unsecured loans with a range between $2,000 and $25,000. Your credit is checked to determine interest rate eligiblity for. It’s not complicated: the better your credit, the better your interest rate. Prosper.com is often desirable for those with bad credit, looking to consolidate debt, since those are loans that banks usually decline. Many home business startups also turn to P2P lending for the same reason. Realize, though, that borrowers must fill out an application to obtain a rate quote, including your Social Security number. Prosper.com claims that getting a rate quote will not count as an inquiry on your credit report, so it shouldn’t affect you negatively as you continue the loan process.
Borrowing is easy and straightforward. You try to attract lenders by describing your situation and what you will use the money for. Prosper.com will keep your information private but sharing details can be in your favor. Once your loan is funded, you receive the money and you begin making payments. If you are looking for competitive rates that you can’t get from banks, Prosper.com might work for you.
In this shaky market, many investors are looking for stocks and other investment alternatives, as well as searching for passive income. With possible returns above 10% annually, P2P lending is gaining popularity. With Prosper.com, you can fund others’ loans in small increments and choose different investment options. These options include a “quick invest,” which allows investors to pick and choose loans that are likely to help them meet their personal financial goals. For lenders/investors, the biggest risk is that the borrower defaults and they suffer a loss; thus, it is important to consider investing goals and risk tolerance before investing in P2P lending (or any other investment, for that matter). Investors may visit prosper.com to start the process.
For considering a financial program outside of the scope of what banks have to offer and desiring investments with more stability, prosper.com is the place for borrowers and lenders to come together and make a difference.
• You're eligible for up to a $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client CheckingSM account with qualifying activities.
• Speak with a Private Client Banker to open your Chase Private Client CheckingSM account today. Schedule your meeting at your nearest branch or over the phone.
• Priority service for everyday banking. Receive personalized attention from a dedicated Chase Private Client Banker who is ready to help you.
• Earn $1,000 when you deposit $150,000 or earn $2,000 when you deposit $250,000 or earn $3,000 when you deposit $500,000.
• No ATM fees worldwide.
• No Chase fee on incoming or outgoing wire transfers.
• Enjoy higher limits on Chase Private Client debit card purchases and ATM withdrawals, as well as higher Zelle® and Chase QuickDepositSM limits.
• Deposit products provided by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Deposit products are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law.