The Schwab Global Account allows commission-free trades until March 31, 2013 when you open a new Schwab Global Account. Trade online commission-free through March 2013 with the new Schwab Global Account online in countries like Australia, Japan and more.
Schwab’s Global Account allows you to trade stocks directly online through Schwab in 12 of the top-traded foreign markets in their local currencies. You get real-time quotes during foreign market hours and the ability to view multi-currency statement reporting. There are no account or trade minimums but currency conversion and other fees do apply.
The Schwab Global Account Online Commission-Free Promotion is subject to the following terms:
- Offer is valid from June 19, 2012, to March 31, 2013 for individuals who open a Schwab Global Account.
- This offer is valid only for Charles Schwab retail Schwab Global Accounts and does NOT apply to any other accounts held with Schwab or Schwab affiliates managed by independent investment advisors, ERISA-covered retirement plans, or certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts.
- Online commissions will be waived for online equity (American Depositary Receipts, Foreign Over-the-Counter and Foreign Equities in Local Market) trades within the Schwab Global Account, verification of which will appear on your trade confirmations.
- Only trades placed through Schwab.com are eligible for free trades.
- No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
- All currency conversion fees will still apply.
- Order-handling fees, foreign exchange fees, and other fees may still apply.
- Trades in the Schwab One accounts do not qualify for waivers.
- Fees for broker-assisted trades in the Schwab Global Account still apply.
To be eligible for Schwab Global Account, you must be a U.S. citizen, must reside in the U.S. and provide a U.S. mailing address while the Schwab Global Account is active. Unfortunately, clients with multiple citizenships are NOT eligible for the Schwab Global Account. Here are more conditions that qualify as ineligible:
- The Schwab Global Account is not available for corporate, business, trust, organization, custodial or International accounts.
- IRA and ERISA tax-qualified accounts are also not eligible.
- If you are employed by FINRA, a FINRA member firm or any U.S. stock, option, or commodity exchange, you are not eligible.
- Clients who are a director, 10% shareholder or policy-making officers of a publicly held company are not eligible.