Making banking affordable and easy for students with a waived monthly maintenance fee and Cash Back Deals, the SunTrust Essentials Student Checking Account is the way to go for any student!
To open an account you’ll need proof of active enrollment for your five year student waiver. Enjoy mobile banking, digital payments and a personal banking resource center. Read on if you’re interested in banking with SunTrust today!
• Enjoy $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment.
• Access to more than 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
• No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you're a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status.
• Manage your money, see your accounts, and pay your bills using the Chase Mobile® app
• Send and receive money in moments using Zelle®
• Students ages 18-24 can open an account online or at a Chase branch. 17-year-olds must open at a Chase branch.
• Start planning for your future by using the budget tool in the Chase Mobile® app to set, track, and adjust your spending to help you save more.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM - no overdraft fee if you're overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day or if you're overdrawn by more than $50 and bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day*
*With Chase Overdraft AssistSM, we won't charge an Insufficient Funds Fee if you're overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day OR if you're overdrawn by more than $50 and you bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day (you have until 11 PM ET (8 PM PT) to make a deposit or transfer). Chase Overdraft Assist does not require enrollment and comes with eligible Chase checking accounts.
- Minimum Opening Deposit of $100
- For a five year student waiver, proof of active enrollment is required
- Waived Monthly Maintenance: Avoid the maintenance fee of $7, for up to 5 years.
- Mobile Banking: Enjoy fee-free online and mobile banking with bill pay and mobile deposit.
- Digital Payments: SunTrust is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, SunTrust Masterpass and Zelle – all easy, safe and secure ways to pay digitally.
- SunTrust Deals: Cash back just by using your SunTrust credit or debit card when you make purchases at hundreds of participating retailer.
- Personal Banking Resource Center: Bank with confidence by using SunTrust’s Resource Center. Topics include protecting your social security number, managing your budget with your credit card, and tips for traveling cheap.
- Monthly Maintenance: $0 with proof of active student enrollment for up to 5 years.
- Non-SunTrust Bank ATM (domestic): $3 per transaction, plus operator fees.
- Non-SunTrust Bank ATM (international): $5 per transaction, plus 3% of transaction, plus operator fees.
- Overdraft/NSF: $36 per paid or returned item, max 6 items per business day. SunTrust will waive this fee on transactions that are less than $5.
- Extended Overdraft: $36 per day, after 5 consecutive business days in the red.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $12.50 per day for each day a transfer is required.
- Paper Statement: $3 per monthly billing cycle.
- Early Closure: $25, if closed within the first 6 months.
- Overdraft Closure: $30, if closed in overdraft.
For students who are looking for a checking account, check out the SunTrust Essentials Student Checking! Enjoy features such as SunTrust Deals for cash back, digital payments and more. With your account your monthly maintenance fee will be waived with proof of active enrollment for up to 5 years.
Please note that you must provide proof of enrollment when opening your account. Check out more Best Student Checking Accounts here on HMB!
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through December 19, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB922 by 12/15/2022 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.00% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|HSBC Premier Checking Account: Earn $500 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000. Member FDIC Terms|