Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express is a no annual fee card that continuously rewards modest spenders.
It first offers the chance to earn a 10,000 Membership Rewards points welcome offer if you make at least $1,000 in purchases with this card in the first 3 months. Then, get another bonus monthly with continuous usage. Finally, earn up to 2x MR points with your purchases.
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card is especially fantastic for those who typically shop at supermarkets or grocery stores. Users can look forward to celebrating with a well-deserved vacation or purchase, covered by earned MR points, of course.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Amex EveryDay Credit Card Summary
Welcome Bonus & 20% Extra Monthly
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card offers on-going rewards and bonuses that makes it a crowd-pleaser. With the potential to earn as much as 2.4 points on purchases made at supermarkets and 1.2 points elsewhere, it’s a substantial rewards rate for a card that has no annual fee.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards points after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of card membership.
- Up to 2x Points: Earn 2 points per every $1 you spend at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1 point after. Earn 1 points on all other purchases. If you use your card to book travel through AmexTravel.com, you will earn 2 points and frequent flyer miles with airlines booked. Additionally, American Express has partnered with Uber to earn you 2 points when you use your card for Uber car services.
- 20% Extra Points: Earn 20% extra points on your purchases. Just use your card 20 or more times in a billing period. Meeting the 20 transactions each month should be fairly easy. You can track your spending and number of transactions by downloading and using the Amex App. If you’re struggling to meet the minimum transactions, try completing a single transaction with your card for each item you buy at self check-out.
Flexible Reward Redemption
The Amex EveryDay Credit Card earns you points towards the Membership Rewards Program. This program is fairly sought-after for its flexibility. There are various options for redemption. However, the value of your points will fluctuate with each option.
- Transfer to Partners – MR points can be transferred to Amex’s airline partners and hotel partners, generally at a 1 to 1 ratio. They can then be used for airfare and seat upgrades or hotel night stays. Each point is worth at least 1 cent per point and as much as 2 cents per point. Transferring your MR points will give you the most value. However, it may take some planning and research to maximize that value.
- Travel – Use your points to book flights through AmexTravel.com. Each points is worth 1 cent each. Thus, it’s a great way to redeem your points. Hotel stays can also be booked with points through AmexTravel.com. However, they will have less value per point, below 1 cent per point.
- Gift Cards – Redeem your points for dining, entertainment, and retail gift cards. Those are generally valued at 1 cent per point or more. However, steer clear from travel gift cards and American Express gift cards. Values for those are well below 1 cent per point.
- Charity – Donate your points towards a good cause of your choice. If you’re a nonprofit registered with MembersGive, you’ll receive $10 every time you donate 1,000 points, up to 500,000 points in a calendar year.
- Uber – Redeem points for Uber rides with Amex’s partnership. Get them at a value of 1 cent per point. For instance, a $50 Uber ride will cost 5,000 MR points.
- More Options – More point redemption options include statement credits, merchandise, and even for Amazon purchases. However, values for these options are below 1 cent per point.
Other Amex EveryDay Benefits
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express includes outstanding benefits beyond its excellent rewards program. As a new member and every year that you have your card, it will save you money and give you added protection as you travel and shop.
- No Annual Fee – When a card does not charge an annual fee, all rewards and benefits can be free if you pay your monthly balances in full. It’s an unbelievable deal specifically because of the welcome bonus and the additional 20% monthly bonus offer.
- Travel Benefits – Get extra coverage when traveling with car rental loss and damage insurance and travel accident insurance. Help is also available when you need it with Global Assist Hotline and roadside assistance.
- Purchase Benefits – Purchases made with your card will receive extended warranty, purchase protection, and return protection. Additionally, the Amex Everyday card includes programs like Amex Offers and complimentary Shoprunner with free 2-day shipping that will help you save as you shop.
Groceries for Free Travel & Rewards
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express is the only no annual fee card from American Express that offers a welcome bonus and on-going monthly bonuses with the Membership Rewards program.
It also includes the perfect balance of benefits to compliment its stellar rewards. The Amex EveryDay Credit Card makes getting groceries and necessities for free travel and rewards a real and quite easy possibility.
See more American Express credit card bonuses and review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
Learn more about this card and its features here.