Considering that Amazon Prime has risen it’s new rate to $119 a year for new customers, you might be wondering, is it worth it? With a plethora of Perks & Benefits, such as free 2-day shipping, streaming, Deal of the Day, Lighting Deal Gift Cards, discounts and more, it’s no surprise that Prime users enjoy their subscription. But depending on you and how much you really take advantage of all of these perks with your Prime membership, it might not necessarily be worth it. Check out all the things to consider before renewing your Amazon Prime below!
Editor’s Note: If you’re not a current member of Amazon Prime, you can sign up today for a FREE 30-day trial! Being an Amazon Prime Member comes with many benefits. You’ll get access to FREE 2-day shipping, instant access to video streaming, unlimited music streaming to over a million songs, exclusive deals, and much more! If you”re currently a Prime Member, check out their Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card where you can get up to 5% cash back and a bonus!
Things to Consider Before Renewing Amazon Prime:
- Can you Amazon Video replace your Netflix Subscription?
- Netflix has subscriptions starting at $9.99 and if you’ve already locked in the $99 yearly rate for Amazon, it comes out to be only $8.25 for Amazon’s streaming services. Though they have different shows and movies available.
- Are you getting and using your 2-day free shipping?
- If you’re using your free 2-day shipping once or twice a month only, it may not be worth the $8.25 a month but if you’re using other perks and benefits that come with Prime, such as streaming and exclusive discounts it’ll be worth.
- Are you taking advantage of all your available perks and benefits?
- Do you have membership elsewhere, such as Costco, Sam’s Club, etc?
- Prime offers savings on things such as pantry and food items, but if you already have a Costco or Sam’s Club membership then weigh the pros and cons of each and whether you need both.
- Can you share the cost of Amazon Prime with others?
- Do you have roommates or family all living under the same room? Then consider getting splitting the cost of Prime with your roomies or family, so you can all get free 2-day shipping, streaming services, unlimited photo storage and more.
- Is it really worth it to pay extra for shipping in two days?
- Amazon offers free shipping on most items with a $25+ purchase, and usually it only takes a couple days longer without Prime. If you’re not in a rush to receive your items ASAP, it may not be worth it.
- How much are you using your Prime Membership?
- If you don’t use your Prime account or barely use it for free 2-day shipping, streaming or anything, then you might want to rethink your membership.
- Would you be better off joining for only a couple months during the holiday?
- Amazon has the option to join a month at a time, if you rarely use Prime during the off seasons, then avoid that big yearly rate and just sign up for a couple months around the holidays.
If you’re already a current member of Amazon Prime and have locked in the $99 yearly rate, then it comes out to be about $8.25 a month. Considering that Amazon Prime includes streaming services and other services like Netflix start at $9.99, it’s already a great deal if you use just their streaming services. Plus, you’ll enjoy other benefits like 2-day shipping, special discounts and more. If you find yourself only taking advantage of their free 2-day shipping once or twice a month, then maybe you should reconsider your subscription. It all really depends on what’s worth it to you! Check out all Amazon Perks & Benefits, Deal of the Day, Lighting Deal Gift Cards, discounts and more. If you”re currently a Prime Member, check out their Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card where you can get up to 5% cash back and a bonus!
The Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card offers $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business and you'll receive employee cards at no additional cost.
This card carries no annual fee.