If you are looking for a card where spending is rewarding, the Fifth Third Bank TRIO® Credit Card is definitely something worth looking into. This card has a nice sign up bonus and rewards/benefits.
You could earn $100 bonus after you spend at least $1,000 in the first three months of the account opening. On top of that bonus, you will earn 3% cash back rewards at restaurants & 2% cash back rewards on gas and at grocery and drug stores (up to $1,500 spend per quarter in these combined purchase categories).
All other purchases will earn you 1% unlimited cash back rewards. Some other perk to this card is that there is no annual fee and no international transaction fees, making this a great everyday credit card. If this interests you, read on!
Editor’s Note: This is only available in select states such as FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV
*Check out Fifth Third Bank bonuses for Checking & Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Fifth Third Bank TRIO Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get a $100 cash back bonus by spending $1,000 within 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn unlimited 3% cash back rewards at restaurants.
Receive 2% cash back rewards on gas and at grocery and drug stores on up to $1,500 spent per quarter.
Get unlimited 1% cash back rewards on all other purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
- No annual fee
- Welcome bonus
- Simple rewards
- No foreign transaction fees
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Capped 2% bonus categories
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers $200 cash back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 3% Cash Back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores, plus 1% on all other purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
TRIO Credit Card $100 Bonus Cash Offer
Get the TRIO credit card’s $100 bonus cash welcome offer now. To qualify for this offer, you must make a $1,000 minimum charge to your account within the first 90 days of your account opening.
Here are some ways of meeting the minimum spending requirement:
Earning TRIO Cash Back
The TRIO Credit Card will allow you to earn bonus rewards on everyday spending categories such as:
- Unlimited 3% cash back at restaurants.
- 2% back on gas and at grocery and drug stores. Capped at up to $1,500 in combined spending per quarter.
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
*Rewards will expire three years from the date they were earned.
Redeeming TRIO Cash Back Rewards
Although the TRIO Credit Card seems like your run of the mill cash back card, the rewards can still be redeemed in other ways, such as:
- Gift cards
- Airline tickets
- Charitable donations
For a more simple way to use your rewards, just redeem them in the form of statement credits or direct deposit at your Fifth Third Bank.
Trio Credit Card Cell Phone Protection
To be eligible for the Fifth Third’s cell phone protection plan, you must pay your wireless phone bill with an eligible TRIO card. This sounds like a great deal, but there are some details you should know about:
- Protection is only supplemental coverage. You’ll get reimbursed for damage or theft that is not already covered by another insurance policy, like your renters or homeowners insurance.
- The program covers up to $200 per claim with a $50 deductible (maximum two claims in a 12-month period).
Because smartphones nowadays can cost hundreds of dollars, the $200 dollars that it costs to cover your phone won’t be enough to buy you a new one. Another competitor offering a similar deal is Wells Fargo’s cell phone coverage plan that pays up to $600 per claim with a $25 deductible. Plus, it doesn’t go through your other insurance policies first.
Fifth Third Bank TRIO Credit Card Benefits
- ShopRunner: Get free 2-day shipping and return shipping when you shop at 140+ stores online, select ShopRunner at checkout, and pay with your card.
- Price Protection: Find a lower price for a new item you purchased with your card and you may be eligible for reimbursement for the price difference.
- Mastercard Travel Services: Call to connect with a dedicated personal travel advisor 24/7 to help you plan an amazing travel experience.
- onefinestay: Get a 10% discount at 2,500+ vacation homes worldwide with hotel-like amenities and concierge access. Use promo code MC10.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities, Concierge Services, Mastercard Global Service, MasterRental Insurance and TPC Private Club Access also included
- Extended Warranty: Get double the original manufacturer warranty for up to two years when you pay on your card.
- Zero Liability: Get protection from unauthorized purchases on your account.
Mastercard ID Theft Protection: If someone steals your identity, you’ll get resolution service assistance to help restore you to the good standing that you had prior to the violation.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
Begin making your everyday purchases with the Fifth Third Bank TRIO® Credit Card. Getting up 3% cash back will start adding up after those restaurants gas and at grocery and drug stores but is limited to $1,500 per quarter. Luckily, you will also get unlimited 1% cash back rewards on all other purchases. There is no annual fee so you won’t have to worry about that.
What’s The Competition?
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.