Find the latest WorldRemit promotions, bonuses, & referrals here to save on convenient online money transferring.
WorldRemit app makes it convenient for you to transfer money on the go. It’s an online money transfer service that allows people around the world to send money to people abroad in up to 150 countries. Continue reading below to read our review on the transfer service and the current offers they have.
Table of Contents
Founded in 2019, World Remit enables their customers to send money to 150 counties across the world. WorldRemit is a low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer services, and the fact that you can transfer money anywhere and at any time using the WorldRemit website or mobile app makes it a highly convenient service.
|Transfer Limits||$1+ (max depends on where you live & how you pay)|
|Transfer Methods||Bank transfer
Airtime top up
|Transfer Options||One-off payments|
|Transfer Speed||Minutes – 7 days|
How WorldRemit Works
With WorldRemit, you can initiate transfers online through your computer, smartphone or tablet. You can choose from a variety of options from:
- A card (debit, credit or prepaid)
- A bank transfer
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
However, WorldRemit only offers one-off transfers, so if you’re looking for flexible rates or recurring transfers then you should look into other providers.
Your recipient can receive the transfer in the following ways:
- Bank deposit. Money will be credited to your recipient’s bank account. They can then withdraw the funds as cash, use it to make payments, or make a bank transfer.
- Cash pickup. Funds will be available for pickup in cash at a local agent location of a WorldRemit money transfer partner.
- Mobile money. The transfer will go to a mobile wallet which will be available to your recipient anywhere, at any time.
- Airtime top-up. Top-up your recipient’s mobile airtime so they can make calls or send SMS text messages.
- Home delivery. This option is limited to certain countries.
- Select which country you want to send your money to.
- If you have more than one payout method option, choose one.
- Enter how much money you would like to send, or how much you want the recipient to have. The corresponding fees and exchange rate depends on your amount and payout method.
- Pay for your transfer. Your payment choices depend on what country you’re sending money to, but may include cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money, airtime top-up and even home delivery.
- Your money is now on its way. Both you and your recipient will get SMS or email notifications throughout the process.
WorldRemit Fees & Rates
Mostly all money transferring services have fees applied, so be sure to watch out for them.
The fee amount you have to pay depends on the amount, the payment method, and where the money is going. Fees for cash pickup tend to be higher than fees for a bank deposit.
The WorldRemit exchange rate depends on the payment method and is updated daily to reflect the changing market conditions. There is the ability to lock the rate in, in advance, so you know exactly how much your recipient will receive.
WorldRemit does not charge any other fees, but some countries will apply taxes to airtime top-up. This will reduce the amount of airtime the recipient receives, but WorldRemit will let you know if that applies.
WorldRemit Transfer Speed
Transfer speeds depends on the delivery method. Cash pickup, mobile money, and airtime top-up are done in minutes, where as bank transfers can take one to three business days
|Transfer Type||Typical Availability|
|Bank Transfer||Instant transfers are available for select banks
Other timings vary, depending on:
*Day of the week
*Transaction creation time
|Cash Pickup||Available to collect instantly|
|Mobile Money||Instant or near instant|
|Airtime top-up||Instant or near instant|
|Home Delivery||24 Hours – 7 days, depending on location|
Current WorldRemit Promotions
*$20 Sign-Up & Referral Bonus*
Sign up for a new account with WorldRemit, make sure to sign up through a member’s referral code and you can earn a $20 sign-up bonus.
However, if you have an active account with WorldRemit, you can get a $20 bonus for each successful referrals. So take advantage of the offer today.
Unfortunately we don’t have an active account with WorldRemit to provide a link for you to sign up with! So if you do have an account, feel free to share your links with us in the comment section below!
- What you’ll get: $20 bonus
- New members earn $20 sign-up bonus
- Current users earn $20 bonus for successful referrals
- Who is eligible: New & current members
- Where it’s available: WorldRemit referral program
- How to earn it:
- New members: Sign up through a member’s referral link and earn a $20 sign-up bonus. Send $100 or more.
- Current users: Send your friends or family members your referral link, you’ll earn your credit once your referrals send $100 or more.
- Then you will be emailed a $20 WorldRemit voucher code.
- Offer terms: WorldRemit accepts no liability for any use of the Refer a Friend Promotion which does not comply with the answers to the FAQs and the Terms and Conditions. Read full terms.
(Visit the link above to learn more about the money transfer’s services)
*Zero Fee on First Transfer*
If you’re planning on transferring anytime soon, make sure to do your first transfer with WorldRemit! They are offering zero fee on your first transfer with promo code FREE!
- Promotion: Pay no fees on your first money transfer with WorldRemit.
- How to get it: Add the Promo Code FREE in the promo code area when you pay for your transfer.
(Visit the link above to learn more about the promotional offer)
3 Fee Free Transfers
WorldRemit is offering a promotion where you can get your first three transfers fee-free! All you have to do is use the code 3FREE for the promotional offer to apply.
- Promotion: Pay zero fees when you send your first 3 money transfers with WorldRemit
- How to get it: Use the promo code 3FREE when you complete a transfer
(Visit the link above to learn more about the promotional offer)
WorldRemit is the place to go for all your money transfer needs. If you need to make a quick transfer in smaller amounts, WorldRemit if a good choice. It’s a good service if you need a cash pick up.
If this is not the one for you, see other money transfer services like Xoom, Remitly, and Transferwise! While you’re here on HMB, check out our list of the Best Cashback Apps and Cashback Shopping Portals. Also learn more ways to earn Credit Card Bonuses!