While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is, without a doubt, the premier charge card for the frequent traveler who revels in the prestige and luxury the name affords. Right now, you can get 40,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after you spend $3,000 in first 3 months of card issuance. Once your points accumulate unlimited, use them whenever you’re ready because there is no expiration date. Pay with points for travel- fly anytime, anywhere with no blackout dates or restrictions, or shop online on their website.
Beginning March 22, 2014, American Express Card Members will no longer have access to American Airlines Admiral Club and US Airways Club airport lounges through Airport Club Access / Airport Lounge Program.
American Express Platinum Card Features:
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Although at initial glance the $450 annual fee seems a little hefty, the cost is justified by all the benefits you’ll receive. To start, as a cardholder you will receive complimentary benefits with every stay at more than 700 luxurious hotels around the world when you book through Platinum Travel Service. Enjoy a free companion ticket with the purchase of a qualifying international Business Class ticket when you book with Platinum Travel Service. Additionally, receive roadside assistance coverage that amounts up to $200. Not to overlook, there are tons of other perks such as purchase and return protection, extended purchase warranty, travel/bag/car insurance, and access to the Platinum concierge service. So if you’re on the market for a super swanky card with all the bells and whistles, the Platinum Card® from American Express is the one.