While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is, without a doubt, the premier charge card for the frequent traveler who revels in the prestige and luxury the name affords. Right now, you can earn 40,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after you spend $3,000 in first 3 months of card issuance. Once your points accumulate unlimited, use them whenever you’re ready because there is no expiration date. Pay with points for travel- fly anytime, anywhere with no blackout dates or restrictions, or shop online on their website.
Beginning March 22, 2014, American Express Card Members will no longer have access to American Airlines Admiral Club and US Airways Club airport lounges through Airport Club Access / Airport Lounge Program.
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Up to a $200 Airline Fee Credit Annually.
- To receive the statement credit, you need to select a qualifying airline.
- There are no foreign transaction fees with purchases made on your Platinum Card.
- Platinum Card Concierge is your personal resource to help secure a last minute restaurant reservation, or shop for a hard-to-find gift.
- Terms & restrictions apply.
- See Rates & Fees.