While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers $150 back in statement credits after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Cardholders earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets(up to $6,000) then 1% after that, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. dept stores, and 1% cash back on other eligible purchases. With the 6% reward rate on qualifying groceries, a family really only needs to spend $25 a week on groceries to make up for the annual fee. Unlike the Chase Freedom or Discover, there is no rotating reward categories and no enrollment required. The Blue Cash Preferred comes with a $95 annual fee.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Features:
- $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) – that means spending $60 a week at U.S. supermarkets could earn over $180 back per year.
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 13.74% to 24.74%.
- Expanding merchant acceptance: Over 1 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in the last year.
- $95 annual fee.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Why You Should Apply:
Earn $150 Statement Credit: Earn $150 statement credit after spending $1,000 in purchases on your card in your first 3 months.
Earn 6% Cash Back: Earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases and then receive 1% after, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and major U.S. department stores, and 1% cash back on other purchases.
Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card will receive purchase protections, return protection, and extended warranty.
Travel Benefits: Get the proper coverage and protection when you travel with car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance, and roadside assistance hotline.
Entertainment Access: Card members enjoy exclusive access to ticket pre-sales and member-only events to Broadway shows and concerts, family and sporting events, and much more.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers other benefits such as free extended warranty, purchase protection, and easy cashback redemption. Don’t miss out on the chance to earn $150 statement credit. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.