While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is now offering a $150 statement credit after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership. Cardholders earn 6% cash back at U.S supermarkets(up to $6,000), 3% cash back at U.S gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases. However, the Blue Cash Preferred comes with a $75 annual fee. With the 6% reward rate on qualifying groceries, a family really only needs to spend $25 a week on groceries to make up for the annual fee. It offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 12.99%-21.99%, based on credit worthiness and other factors. Unlike the Chase Freedom or Discover More, there is no rotating reward categories and no enrollment required.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Features:
- Get $150 back after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive $150 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Hassle-free cash back: no enrollment required, the same great reward categories year-round.
- Earn Cash Back: 6% US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 3% US gas stations & select US dept stores, 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- A credit card that gives you cash back with a 0% Intro APR Offer on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.
- After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 12.99%-21.99% based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
If you prefer no annual fee, then get the regular Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express with 3% cash back on purchases at US supermarkets, 2% cash back on US gas stations and select department store purchases, and 1% cash back on other purchases.
Want to get 6% cashback at popular stores? Simply buy gift cards at supermarkets such as Amazon.com, Home Depot, Best Buy, Macy’s, etc. The Blue Cash Preferred also has 0% APR interest on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. Other benefits with Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express include free extended warranty, purchase protection, and easy cashback redemption.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.