While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers $150 back in statement credits after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. You can now earn 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months, up to $200. Cardholders earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets(up to $6,000), a special offer of 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months up to $200, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. dept stores, and 1% cash back on other eligible purchases. With the 6% reward rate on qualifying groceries, a family really only needs to spend $25 a week on groceries to make up for the annual fee. It offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 13.24%-23.24%, based on credit worthiness and other factors. Unlike the Chase Freedom or Discover More, there is no rotating reward categories and no enrollment required. The Blue Cash Preferred comes with a $95 annual fee.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Features:
- Special Offer – Earn 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months, up to $200.
- Plus, earn $150 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- Everyday Cash Back: 6% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 3% at U.S. gas stations; 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates and Fees
Why You Should Apply:
Earn $150 Statement Credit: Earn $150 statement credit after spending $1,000 in purchases on your card in your first 3 months.
Earn 6% Cash Back: Earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases and then receive 1% after, a special offer of 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months up to $200, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and major U.S. department stores, and 1% cash back on other purchases.
0% Intro APR for 12 Months: Save money with 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. There is a balance transfer fee of the greater of $5 or 3% of each balance transfer, whichever is greater.
Purchase Protection: Items purchased with your card will receive purchase protections, return protection, and extended warranty.
Travel Benefits: Get the proper coverage and protection when you travel with car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance, and roadside assistance hotline.
Entertainment Access: Card members enjoy exclusive access to ticket pre-sales and member-only events to Broadway shows and concerts, family and sporting events, and much more.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. Other benefits include free extended warranty, purchase protection, and easy cashback redemption. Don’t miss out on the chance to earn $150 statement credit and a special offer to earn 5% cash back on travel. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.