British Airways Visa Signature Card Features:
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend $10,000 on purchases for a total of 75,000 bonus Avios.
- Plus earn another 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend a total of $20,000 on purchases within your first year for a total of 100,000 bonus Avios.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
What is Avios?
Avios is the new shared reward currency for British Airways Executive Club. One Avios is exactly one BA mile. Benefits of Avios to the customers include:
- Cabin upgrades using Avios
- A new range of travel reward redemption options, including hotels and car hire for BA Executive Club members
- More flexibility as customers can now use Avios for one-way flights or to mix and match the airports they fly to and from.
Avios can be used for one-world flights, including transatlantic Iberia flights, and non-transatlantic AA flights including the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland.
- BA Avios cannot be redeemed for transatlantic flights on American Airlines. However, they can be redeemed for other oneworld flights, including transatlantic Iberia flights, and non-transatlantic AA flights.
- The 2-for-1 voucher is good only for BA mainline flights, not partners.
- To check on status of your application using an automated line, call 800-945-2006. At the prompt press # then 1, then enter your SSN
- To check on status with a human, 888-270-2127
Give this card a test drive and see how you like it. The only downside is the heavy taxes and fees when booking transatlantic airline flights comes with a big caveat: you have to pay taxes and fees in addition to forking over when using your Avios. On the plus side, it offers some great features for international travelers such as:
- EMV chip-and-PIN technology, so you can actually use your card in Europe
- A free companion ticket that you can use in any cabin, every year that you make $30k in purchases or more
- Waived foreign transaction fees, key for any self-respecting international credit card
For those big spenders out there, the the BA card’s companion ticket offer(worth $500+ a year) is a great option. You’ll also earn 25% more rewards than the standard airline card rewards rate of 3 Avios per $1 spent on British Airways/1 Avios per $1 spent elsewhere. Don’t wait any longer to apply for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card today!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
Chase Total Checking® + Chase Savings®: Earn a $150 bonus when you open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $100 bonus when you open a Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Review
Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM: Get $300 when you open a new CHASE PREMIER PLUS CHECKINGSM account and set up direct deposit. Access 15,500 Chase ATMs and 5,300 branches. Earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Apply Now---Chase Review