Access Bank offers a decent selection of account options. To find out if Access Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer a senior checking account that has no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements at all.
Their premium checking accounts also don’t require a higher than average opening deposit nor minimum balance requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Access Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Access Bank
- 11 Access Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Access Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Access Bank has a decent selection of checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This checking account will requires a $100 minimum opening deposit.
After account opening, there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This account also offers bank-to-bank transfers.
This interest bearing account earns money market interest rates and you can open it with $100.
There is a $20 monthly fee, but you can waive it if you manage to maintain $5,000 as a daily balance.
A senior checking account for those who are 60 years or older. They can open it with a minimum deposit of $100.
There are absolutely no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements either.
A premium checking account that earns really competitive interest rates. You will need at least $1,000 to open it.
With this account, you will need to keep a daily balance of $10,000 in order to waive the $30 monthly fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Access Bank only has two savings accounts, but they both earn competitive interest rates.
A premium savings account that earns pretty high interest rates. You will need at least $1,000 to open it though.
Keeping a daily balance of $1,000 also can waive the $20 monthly fee.
This is a basic savings account that will still need at least $100 to open.
There are, however, no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Access Bank has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
ACCESS Money Market:
- You will need a minimum deposit of $1,000 to open this account and earn interest
- There are actually no minimum balance requirements!
- Up to 6 withdrawals per statement cycle
- Comes with unlimited check writing
- Access to all free online and mobile banking
- Free eStatements
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Access Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
These terms are available from 3 months to 60 months. To view rates and other information, click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Access Bank
- They have pretty consistent account openings and balance requirements.
- Offers bank to bank transfers for all their accounts.
- They provide a senior checking account that require no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Access Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Access Bank
- They are only located in Nebraska with 8 branches in total.
- Compared to most banks, they have higher than average monthly fees.
- Lacking a student checking or savings account.
- Lack of a senior savings account to offer relationship banking.
Access Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Access Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your Access Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Access Bank at 402-763-6000.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
How Access Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Nebraska and want simple but still unique account options, then Access Bank can provide them.
For most of their accounts, Access tries to stay consistent with them, but they do have higher than most monthly fees that could be difficult to waive.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Access Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!