If you are in the market looking for a credit union that anyone can join to conduct your banking transactions and activities, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union could be your option. Established in 1930, they are proud to serve communities throughout Minnesota. Today, they have 28 branch locations available to provide members great customer service and care in person. No matter your lifestyle, there’s an option for you. How you manage your money is a personal choice and they understand that! That’s why this credit union offers a variety of account types and services to ensure you find an option that can help you meet your financial goals so you can focus on living your life, your way! Read on to find out what this credit union has to offer and ways to join!
|U.S. Bank Checking: Earn a $400 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank consumer checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through September 2, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Huntington Platinum Perks CheckingSM: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a Huntington Platinum Perks CheckingSM account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 cash bonus will be deposited into your Huntington Platinum Perks CheckingSM account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington Platinum Perks Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022 along with a competitive interest rate of 1.60% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
Affinity Plus FCU Membership:
See the following ways to join Affinity Plus Federal Federal Union Membership for free:
- If you are an employee of the State of Minnesota, the University of Minnesota, any organization that receives funding from the State of Minnesota (including, but not limited to, most schools, community colleges, private and public universities, nursing homes and hospitals, counties, cities, and nonprofit groups), or one of their Preferred Employer Partners.
- If you are a student/alumnus of the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus & alumni must be current dues paying members of the alumni association), Bemidji State, Metropolitan State, MSU Mankato, MSU Moorhead, Southwest MN State, St. Cloud State, and Winona State.
- If you live, work or worship in Roseville, Arden Hills, Mounds View, Shoreview, St. Anthony, New Brighton, or downtown Minneapolis/St Paul.
- If you volunteer for any of their eligible organizations.
- If you are a relative or housemate of any eligible person or current member.
- If you do not qualify in any of the free membership requirements listed above, then simply make a $25 dues payment to the Affinity Plus Foundation then you will be eligible for membership.
Once you are ready to apply for membership, you will need the following info handy and fill out the application form:
- Your Social Security Number
- A digital color copy or picture of your U.S. government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, State ID)
- A credit or debit card, or U.S. checking or savings account to fund your new account
Reasons To Join Affinity Plus FCU:
From piggy banks to retirement accounts, Affinity got you covered! With their checking and savings accounts, get features that make everyday money management easy and convenient. Choose from simple, straightforward accounts for your everyday money management. All their checking accounts feature convenient 24-7 access using online and mobile banking and instant-issue debit cards equipped with EMV chip technology. Plus, you’ll get free member messages and alerts, free online bill payment with E-pay, free check deposits through a mobile device, free access to over 20,000 ATMs nationwide through MoneyPass, COOP and SUM ATM networks and much more! Not only that, earn an attractive 1.00% APY Rate that’s 12x higher than the National average when you open a Membership Savings account, all you need is $10 minimum balance to open your account.
Affinity value YOU and believe you should be rewarded for your membership. Through partnerships, locally and nationally, they are able to provide you with valuable member benefits. The more you use your products and services or refer others to join Affinity Plus, the more they reward you through their Participation Rewards Program. In addition, you can receive a free credit advice to ensure you are on the right track for financial success. You will also have the opportunity to apply for scholarship that provides financial assistance toward achieving your educational goals. Enjoy discounts on tickets when you take the family for a day of fun and rides at Nickelodeon Universe in Bloomington, MN at the Mall of America. See the full listing of membership benefits simply by becoming a member.
At Affinity, their approach to banking is different: they focus on people, not profit, and serve their members with care, excellence, and integrity. Choose to manage your money where your story matters. So if you are looking for helpful, caring experts to handle your money and put your needs first, then check out this credit union. If you would like to see more options, be sure to check out our full list of Credit Unions Anyone Can Join. Don’t forget to share your experience with this credit union by commenting below.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $350 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Low intro APR: 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 16.24% to 26.24%.
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations.
• 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
• 1% Cash Back on other eligible purchases.
The card does come with a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)