Ally Bank has become one of the largest online banks in the world with nearly 1 million customers who take advantage of competitive rates, no monthly maintenance fees and the ability to conduct business online. Their online system is simple to use, so it’s no wonder that they have that many satisfied customers.
If you would like to take advantage of their online and mobile banking platforms, it is important to know how to log in. Keep reading to learn how.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Log In to Your Ally Bank Account From a Computer
- 2 How To Log In to Your Ally Bank Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
- 3 How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
- 4 How To View Your Ally Statement Information
- 5 How To Contact Ally Bank If You Have Trouble With Your Account
- 6 What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
- 7 Bottom Line
How to Log In to Your Ally Bank Account From a Computer
If you visit Ally’s website, you can sign into your online banking account from the homepage. Here are the steps to login if you use your computer.
- Visit Ally Bank’s online banking sign-in page at Ally.com.
- To create a username and password to access your accounts, click on “Enroll in Auto or Bank online services” in the login box. Follow the instructions to create your account information.
- Once you have a username and password, select the type of account you wish to sign into from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the sign-in page.
- Type your username and password in the provided text boxes.
- Click “Log In” and you’ll immediately get access to your account.
How To Log In to Your Ally Bank Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
To log into your Ally account from a mobile phone or tablet, follow these steps:
- If you have an Apple device, type m.allybank.com in your mobile browser, or visit the iTunes Store to download Ally Mobile, the Ally banking app. Head to the Google Play Store if you have an Android.
- Launch the Ally Mobile Banking app.
- The next screen will be your login page. Add your username and password in the appropriate boxes.
- Tap the “Log In” button.
After you log in, you’ll be able to quickly view your account balances and transactions.
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
If you have forgotten your username or password, here’s how to retrieve them:
- Click the “Forgot User ID or Password?” link on the Ally homepage, beneath the login fields.
- If you clicked “username,” a phone number will appear so that you can call and re-gain access to your account. Continue to step four if you clicked “password.”
- Type your username and Social Security number in the provided text boxes.
- Check either “Send password hint by email/text” or “Create a new password.”
- Click “Continue” and you’ll receive either an email or text with your password hint or code for creating a new password.
If you can’t remember your username based on the hints provided, contact Ally at 1-877-247-2559.
How To View Your Ally Statement Information
Most Ally Bank checking accounts, money market accounts and savings accounts all have monthly statement cycles, while their CDs and IRAs have quarterly statement cycles. These statements can either be viewed electronically or mailed directly to you.
When you log into your online banking account, you can click your name, then “Profile and Settings.” You can then select “Paperless Settings,” where you will only receive emails when a new statement is available to view.
How To Contact Ally Bank If You Have Trouble With Your Account
Here’s how to get in touch with Ally Bank for troubleshooting or with any other questions:
- Ally Customer Service: 1-877-247-2559
- Outside the U.S.: +1-757-247-2559
- For Individuals Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing: 1-877-320-2559
Their website offers 24/7 customer support with wait times for phone calls outlined in the top right corner of your screen. This offers convenience, so customers can call when they are available.
What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
Online banking is a fast and easy way to take care of your Ally banking needs. With the mobile app or online, you can:
- Get 24/7 access to customer service through chat, phone and email
- Online bill payment
- Request a new card or any other bank transaction
Furthermore, Ally’s mobile apps allow you to deposit checks using your phone with the mobile check deposit feature.
Ally is a bank that has been around for awhile, so it is essential that they keep up with the times and have online banking as well. If you are wanting to participate in the online banking, you need to learn how to log in.
For more information on banking, check out our bank guides right here on HMB!