Amboy Bank offers a unique variety of account options. To find out if Amboy Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer a savings account for children and students, Kidz Club Savings, that earns competitive interest rates.
Amboy encourages their customers to utilize their Advantage Banking accounts if they usually have high balances.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Amboy Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Amboy Bank
- 11 Amboy Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Amboy Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Amboy Bank has a good selection of checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have, but you can also be eligible for a $25 Bonus if you sign up for direct deposit.
This interest bearing checking account can be opened with $100.
If you want to waive the $20 monthly fee, you will have to maintain a combined balance of $10,000 in checking or savings accounts.
This account can be opened with $100 and you will get access to unlimited check writing.
There is a $10 monthly fee unless you maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
This is a non-interest bearing checking account that only requires $25 to open.
There is a $10 monthly fee but keeping a daily balance of $1,000 can waive it.
You will also receive unlimited check writing.
A senior citizen checking account available to those 55 or older. You will need an opening deposit of $100.
There is a smaller monthly fee of $5, but it can be waived as long as you keep a daily balance of $200.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Amboy Bank has a few savings accounts, but they provide resources on how to maximize your savings and earn higher interest rates.
You also might have to contact Amboy to find out information about opening deposits and balance requirements because they do not clearly display all of them on their website.
This is a high yield savings account that can be opened with $50.
If you manage to not make any withdrawals, you can earn higher rates on balances $500-$10,000.
You will also receive a monthly combined statement.
A kids savings account for ages 0-18 and can be opened with as little as $25.
This savings account also earns competitive rates, so kids can enjoy saving their money early to put towards other expenses when they get older.
A holiday savings club that earns interest during every seasonal event.
You will have to call Amboy to find out any additional information.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.90% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.90% APY as of 6/21/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Amboy Bank has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
Asset Management Account:
- Earns high-yield money market rates
- Interest is credited monthly to your account
- Free AmboyNET internet banking
- Free Amboy24 24 hour telephone banking
- Link to any Amboy Checking account for same day transfers
- Will have to either call or visit Amboy at a physical branch in order to open an account
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.85% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.80% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.85% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Amboy Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. They actually have CD ladders available rather than singular CDs.
For a 4-term CD, you will need a combined balance of $20,000 to open. The CD terms are divided in 6, 12, 18 and 24 months.
To find out more information, you can call Amboy or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.30% APY up to 2.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Amboy Bank
- They have pretty consistent account openings and balance requirements.
- They offer a youth/student savings account–Kidz Club Savings that allows children and teens to earn interest.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Has a wide variety of helpful resources for savings solutions on their website.
- Their money market account earns pretty high rates.
- They have a 24 hour service banking line.
- They have a holiday savings account.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Amboy Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Amboy Bank
- They are only located in New Jersey with 23 branches in total.
- A lot of their accounts require a high balance requirements.
- You will have to either call or visit a physical branch to find out additional information on their savings account.
- You also have to call to open a CD or money market account.
- Lacking a senior savings account.
- Their youth savings accounts could be free instead.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
Amboy Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Amboy Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your Amboy Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Amboy Bank at 800-942-6269.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
How Amboy Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in New Jersey, have kids and want to teach them how to save responsibly until they reach college, Amboy Bank can complete that request.
Alternatively, if you also tend to keep higher than average balances and would like to invest in a high-yield interest earning money market, Amboy’s Asset Management Account can handle your balances for you.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Amboy Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!