American River Bank offers account options for businesses and educators. To find out if American River Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have two unique checking accounts for educators and employees that both earn interest and offer interesting benefits.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with American River Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with American River Bank
- 11 American River Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How American River Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
American River Bank offers a decent selection checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
You might have to contact American River in order to find out their opening deposits.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This standard checking account has no monthly fee if you sign up for eStatements or keep a daily balance of $1,000.
There are several benefits that comes with this account such as unlimited check writing, all access to online banking, a debit Mastercard and more!
This is an interest bearing checking account that comes with all the same benefits as the personal checking account.
This account also offers overdraft protection when you link it to an American River savings account.
There is a $10 monthly fee but you can waive it by signing up for eStatements or keeping a daily balance of $5,000.
A senior checking account that earns tiered interest rates on all balances.
There is a smaller monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it if you sign up for eStatements or have a daily balance of $1,000.
An account designed for educators such as teachers or administrators of a non profit organization.
In addition to the already included benefits, you also will receive free basic checks.
There are actually no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements!
The Employer Plus Banking Program encourages businesses to build a competitive employee benefits package.
This checking account benefits employees and your business by offering them value-added financial products and other services.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements either.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
American River Bank has a pretty large variety of savings accounts that all have varying opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
You need a minimum deposit of $100 to open this account
There is a $3 monthly fee, and you can waive it if you maintain a daily balance of $500 or if you’re under 18.
The interest earned is paid monthly.
A holiday savings account to help you set aside your holiday expenses for special occasions.
Since there are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, you can save for the holidays easily and hassle free.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
American River Bank has two money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
Business Money Market:
- You will need a minimum deposit of $2,500 to open this account
- There is a $10 monthly fee, but it can be waived with a daily balance of $3,500
- Has unlimited deposits
- Link this money market to a checking account for Overdraft Protection
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
American River Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $2,500.
These terms are available from 6 months to 5 years. To view rates and other information, click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with American River Bank
- Have a checking account for educators, teachers and other members of society.
- Offers overdraft protection when you link a checking account with a money market account.
- Provides a checking account for business owners and employees can benefit from it.
- Has a senior checking account that earns pretty decent interest rates.
- Has a holiday/vacation savings account that earns interest for a low opening deposit.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the American River Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with American River Bank
- They are only located in California with 12 branches in total.
- Doesn’t display opening deposits for checking accounts on their website.
- Their premium money market account requires a pretty high opening deposit and minimum balance requirement.
- Lacking a student checking or savings account.
American River Bank Routing Number
The routing number for American River Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your American River Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach American River Bank at 916-851-0123.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can checking their website for when they are open.
How American River Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
For those who live in California and happen to be an educator or business owner, American River Bank has some unique accounts that might interest you.
Their Community Hero checking account is great for teachers or professor who are looking for an easy checking account without having to maintain anything on top of their busy schedule.
With the Employer Plus Banking Program, you can also recruit more employees by offering an employee benefits package.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If American River Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!