Andrew Johnson Bank (AJB) offers accounts with lower than average minimum requirements. To find out if Andrew Johnson Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
With its headquarters in Greenville, Tennessee, AJB doesn’t have many branches, but it is convenient to bank online with them.
Even though Andrew Johnson Bank is small compared to most, it still manages to offer a full selection of account options.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Andrew Johnson Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Andrew Johnson Bank
- 11 Andrew Johnson Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Andrew Johnson Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Andrew Johnson Bank has a good selection of checking accounts with low minimum requirements and standard benefits.
With just a $100 minimum opening deposit, you can open this checking account.
There’s a small $5 monthly fee, but if you enroll in eStatements you can waive it easily.
Upon account opening, you will receive a Andrew Johnson Bank and gain access to all online, mobile and phone banking.
There are, however, no minimum balance requirements.
Open this account with $100 and you can start earning high interest rates.
There are several ways to earn interest. You can either:
- Receive eStatements
- Log onto Online Banking at least once during the statementn cycle
- Make 20 AJB Debit Card transactions
This account earns pretty high interest also.
This checking account is for those 55 and over.
There is unfortunately a monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $100.
But, this account also does earn interest as long as you maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
This account comes with the same benefits as any senior citizen checking account.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Andrew Johnson Bank has a small variety of savings accounts that are pretty standard.
You will need $100 to open this account and you can earn competitive interest rates.
There is a very small monthly fee of $1 but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of $100.
This is a savings account for those who are 17 and under except it only requires $5 as a minimum opening deposit, which is cheaper than most!
You will need a minimum balance of $5 to start earning interest though.
This is a premium savings account that will require $10,000 to open.
You can earn interest on all balances and they will be tiered.
You can also your fees waived for using 4 non AJB ATMs.
This account only requires $10 to open and it can bear interest as well.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Andrew Johnson Bank has a checking account that is practically a money market because it combines both checking and savings qualities.
Presidential Money Market:
- Open this account with $2,500
- Interest is credited monthly
- Up to 6 checks/debit items per month
- Online mobile and phone banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Andrew Johnson Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. These CD terms range from 31 days to 5 years.
You can open each CD with $1,000.
To learn more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Andrew Johnson Bank
- They offer a good variety of checking accounts.
- Lower than average monthly fees.
- They provide a 24-hour telephone banking service line.
- Their student savings account is relatively easy to open.
- All their accounts may come with similar benefits, but they are still pretty decent.
- They have a senior citizen checking account.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Andrew Johnson Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Andrew Johnson Bank
- If you don’t live in Tennessee then this bank might be inconvenient.
- They don’t offer any relationship accounts.
- They could have higher interest rates on certain accounts.
Andrew Johnson Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Andrew Johnson Bank is 064202860.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Andrew Johnson Bank at (423) 783-1000.
Their hours vary based on location and are more for when people want to visit a physical branch.
You can look at AJB’s website for more information.
How Andrew Johnson Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- First Tennessee Bank: First Tennessee Bank offers a wider selection of checking account options and honestly has more perks for being another bank situated in Tennessee.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
If you live in Tennessee and are looking for a simple bank, then consider Andrew Johnson Bank. Alternatively, AJB has a user-friendly mobile app if you prefer to do all your banking online.
With minimum opening deposits lower than most banks, AJB is a good choice if you are new to the banking world.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Andrew Johnson Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!