Avidia Bank offers a unique variety of account options. To find out if Avidia Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Avidia seems to encourage kids and students to bank with them since they offer two kinds of youth savings account, Avidia @ School and Adventure Savings.
They offer a plethora of benefits for all kinds of students and they can earn interest and rewards at the same time!
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Avidia Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Avidia Bank
- 11 Avidia Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Avidia Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Avidia Bank has a decent selection of checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This interest bearing checking account can be opened with just $10!
After account opening, there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
You can only open this account online.
This checking account can also be opened with $10, and there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Another interest bearing checking account that can be opened with $10.
There is a monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $1,000.
A standard checking account that earns pretty high interest rates and requires another $10 to open.
There are no monthly fees to worry about.
A student savings account for those who are 14 to 18. You can earn interest on this account.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Avidia Bank has a few savings accounts, but they are unique in their benefits, especially with their youth savings accounts.
You can open this account with just $10 and it will start earning tiered interest rates.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This is a student savings account but you will have to open either a First Checking or Smart Checking first to be considered.
There are no monthly fees and students are eligible for Avidia’s Rewards Program when they receive a credit card.
This is a kids account specifically for those who are 3-13 years old and can be opened with $10 one again.
This account has its own kids rewards program and unique prizes for special occasions.
Certain balances deposited towards their savings account can result in fun and exciting perks.
Down below are some examples of prizes.
|$100||$5 Dunkin’ Donuts Card^|
|$500||$15 Fandango Movie Tickets|
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 1.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 1.50% APY as of 8/11/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Avidia Bank has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
Avidia Online Money Market:
- You will need a minimum deposit of $1,000 to open this account and earn interest
- There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of $1,000.
- Up to 6 withdrawals per statement cycle
- Comes with unlimited check writing
- Access to all free online and mobile banking
- Free eStatements
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.00% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Avidia Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
These terms are available from 3 months to 60 months. To view rates and other information, click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.50% APY up to 3.20% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 2.10% APY on a 13-Month CD Term
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Avidia Bank
- They have pretty consistent account openings and balance requirements.
- All of their checking accounts only require $10 to open!
- A lot of their checking accounts require no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements!
- They offer a youth/student checking account–First Checking that allows teens to earn interest.
- They provide two kinds of youth savings account–student and kids.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have a 24 hour service banking line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Avidia Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Avidia Bank
- They are only located in Massachusetts with 11 branches in total.
- Lacking a senior checking or savings account.
- Their youth savings accounts could be free instead.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
Avidia Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Avidia Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your Avidia Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Avidia Bank at 800-508-2265.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
How Avidia Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Massachusetts, have kids and want to teach them how to save responsibly until they reach college, Avidia Bank can complete that request.
Kids especially will enjoy having a savings account when they see all the different and interesting prizes they can earn for keeping a certain amount balance in their account. Additionally, teens can start earning cashback rewards that will be transferred in their own savings account.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Avidia Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!