Do you want to support your favorite MLB team? Rep their colors and logos on your credit card to show it off! Check out the Bank of America MLB Credit Card because it is a great everyday card and an easy way to earn your cashback for your purchases.
You have the opportunity to earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. This card has a $0 annual fee and 0% APR for 12 billing cycles!
If that wasn’t enough, you can earn up to 3% cash back on a category of your choice. Maximize your potential savings by using this card and start earning rewards on those everyday purchases!
* The MLB Cash Rewards Mastercard is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Bank of America MLB Credit Card Summary
|Departure||Online $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening|
|Ongoing Rewards/ Benefits||3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings
2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
1% cash back on all other purchases
You’ll earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, then earn 1%
|Foreign Transaction||$3 (Minimum $10)|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
- $200 bonus
- No annual fee to justify
- 0% intro APR for 12 billing cycles
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% – 75%
- $2,500 spending cap on bonus rewards
- Foreign transaction fees
How Much Cashback Can You Earn?
The highest rewards rate of 3% for cashback will be in the category of your choice. If you don’t select a category, the default 3% category will be set to gas. When selecting a 3% cash back category, you can choose one of the following six options:
- Online shopping
- Home improvement and furnishings
Redeem your cash rewards for any amount, anytime for statement credits, deposits made directly into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Bank of America MLB Card Top Features
You’ll get a 0% APR rate on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles. This gives you time to pay off a large purchase.
The introductory 0% APR offer also applies to balance transfers made in the first 60 days which you can potentially use to save money on interest on any current debts.
If you enroll with at least $20,000 in combined accounts and you can enjoy a 25% – 75% rewards boost on every purchase.
You are eligible to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program if you have an active Bank of America personal checking or Advantage Banking account and maintain a qualifying 3-month average combined balance in your accounts.
|Tier||Qualifying Combined Balance|
If you don’t have an existing Bank of America checking account? Check out these current BoA checking account bonuses to help you decide whether you should switch or not.
- Enrolled clients can receive a Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% for the Gold tier, 50% for the Platinum tier or 75% for the Platinum Honors tier.
- For top-tier clients, a $100 purchase that normally earns $3.00 (3%) will actually earn $5.25 (5.25%) for a better-than-average return on your spending.
|Qualifying Balance||Bonus category reward rate||Grocery store/ Wholesale club reward rate||Reward rate in Everything Else|
|Platinum Honors- $100,000||5.25%||3.5%||1.75%|
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America MLB Credit Card allows you to get up to 3% cash back on your combined grocery, wholesale club, and gas purchases each quarter, no annual fee, and much more.
Take advantage of the cash back aspect of credit cards and get a $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. Show your support for your favorite MLB team with this card.
(Visit Bank of America for more details about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
Flat Cashback Rate
Alternative no-annual-fee cards that earn a flat rate of cash back include the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express Cash Magnet Card. All typically have great sign-up bonuses also.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers double cash back. You'll earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
Category Cashback Alternatives
The Chase Freedom® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that's updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One® SavorOneSM Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|