Bank of Brenham has a limited selection of account options. To find out if Bank of Brenham is right for you, continue reading the review below.
The only difference about Brenham is that they don’t have monthly service fees but rather an activity, or moreso inactivity fee if you don’t meet their minimum balance requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Bank of Brenham
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Bank of Brenham
- 11 Bank of Brenham Routing Number
- 12 How Bank of Brenham Compares
- 13 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Bank of Brenham offers a wide variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $100 to open this checking account, but then everything is fee-free afterwards.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements that follow afterwards.
You can open this checking account with $100.
There is an inactivity fee of $10, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $500.
This interest bearing checking account requires an opening deposit of $100.
If you keep a daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the $10 inactivity fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Bank of Brenham only has two savings accounts but they earn interest and have low balance requirements.
Their savings accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This savings account can be opened with $100 and you can start earning interest right away.
There is an inactivity fee of $5, but it can be waived if you keep a daily balance of $100.
This savings account is for those with a High Deductible Health Plan and it earns interest.
The interest is compounded daily.
If you keep a daily balance of $2,500, you can waive the $5 inactivity fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Bank of Brenham has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
- Open this account with $100
- To waive the $10 inactivity fee you will have to maintain a daily balance of $1,000
- Interest is compounded daily
- Interest is earned through tiers (5)
- You can receive eStatements
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.45% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.40% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Bank of Brenham offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates.
The interest actually can be added back to the CD, paid by check or deposited into another account.
The CD will automatically renew upon maturity. You can also make additional deposits at maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Bank of Brenham
- They don’t have monthly fees, they instead have an inactivity fee.
- Provides a health savings account.
- Interest is compounded daily for all savings accounts.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Offers a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Bank of Brenham mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Bank of Brenham
- They are only located in Brenham, Texas with one total branch.
- Absence of a children checking or savings account.
- Doesn’t have a specific senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of variety in savings accounts.
- Lack of a holiday savings account.
- You might have to call Bank of Brenham to discuss about certain additional information that aren’t listed on their website.
Bank of Brenham Routing Number
The routing number for Bank of Brenham is 113124446.
Contact Customer Service
Bank of Brenham has a 24-hour telephone banking line that you can reach at 979-836-3337.
To speak to a customer representative, you will have to call 979-836-3332.
Their business hours are:
- Monday to Thursday at 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
- Friday at 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday at 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How Bank of Brenham Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Pinnacle Bank: Pinnacle Bank is located mostly in the South and has a wider selection of account options. They have premium checking accounts as well for maximized benefits.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Texas and aren’t looking for anything too complex when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then Bank of Brenham can provide that service.
They are generous in the fact that they don’t have actual monthly fees, but that doesn’t mean that their accounts are free to maintain.
They have very limited account options, but they do provide a health savings account that earns interest.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Bank of Brenham has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!