Bank of Travelers Rest is an ordinary bank offering decent account options. To find out if Bank of Travelers Rest is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They are pretty consistent with opening deposits on all their accounts and have a manageable minimum balance requirements. One strength of this bank is that they have more than one kind of CD and the terms have a wide range.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Bank of Travelers Rest
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Bank of Travelers Rest
- 11 Bank of Travelers Rest Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Bank of Travelers Rest Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Bank of Travelers Rest offers a decent selection of checking accounts that all come with similar benefit.
This is considered Bank of Travelers Rest’s free checking account which will require $100 to open.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, and you will receive a complimentary debit card as well.
This is a standard checking account that also requires $100 to open.
If you keep a daily balance of $300 then the $9.50 monthly fee can be waived. Alternatively, you can
With another $100, you can open this interest bearing account. You will earn interest when your balance is $500 or more.
You can also waive the monthly fee of $5 with a daily balance is $500 or more.
This is a senior checking account for those 50 and older and once again requires a $100 opening deposit.
If you are 50 and over you can easily waive the $10 monthly fee.
You will start earning interest if you maintain a daily balance of $500.
This account comes with all the benefits that a regular senior checking account would have.
This is the highest checking account so it will earn competitive and tiered interest rates.
It still requires a $100 deposit but it comes with more benefits.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Bank of Travelers Rest has one regular savings account that is pretty standard and can earn interest easily.
You need $50 to open this account, but keeping a daily balance of $25 will allow you to earn interest.
To waive the small $5 monthly fee just maintain a daily balance of $200. Those under 21 can also avoid paying for monthly fees.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Bank of Travelers Rest has one money market that earns competitive interest rates.
PREMIUM Money Market:
- You will need a minimum opening deposit of $1,000
- This account earns tiered interest rates
- You are allowed up to 6 transfers per statement cycle
- Maintain a daily balance of $1,000 to avoid the monthly fee of $10
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Bank of Travelers Rest offers CDs with competitive rates. Each CD requires a $1,000 opening deposit.
With $1,000 as an opening deposit, you can earn tiered interest rates.
This CD earns a fixed interest rate, but you do get a one-time option to change interest rate during the original term.
The interest earned on this CD varies based on the prime rate.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Bank of Travelers Rest
- Provide a senior checking account for those who need to settle down.
- Offers a youth/student savings account.
- They have easily waiveable monthly fees.
- They have as savings account that is designed to help you save for personal goals.
- Their CDs earn pretty high interest rates.
- They have a 24 hour service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Bank of Travelers Rest mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Bank of Travelers Rest
- They are on located in South Carolina and has 10 total banks.
- Their free checking account still requires an opening deposit of $100.
- They could earn slightly higher interest rates on their savings accounts.
- Lack of variety in their savings accounts.
- Their accounts are more recommended for people who usually have higher balances.
Bank of Travelers Rest Routing Number
The routing number for Bank of Travelers Rest varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Bank of Travelers Rest check.
Contact Customer Service
Bank of Travelers Rest has a 24-hour service line and you can reach it at (877) 737-3964.
To speak to a customer representative instead, you can call: (888) 557-2265
- Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (EST)
- Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (EST)
How Bank of Travelers Rest Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you aren’t looking for anything too difficulty when it comes to opening a checking or savings account and happen to live in South Carolina, the Bank of Travelers Rest might have what you’re looking for.
Their accounts are pretty simplistic and don’t have anything too difficult or out of the ordinary, they do offer premium accounts, but even those aren’t anything too different.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Bank of Travelers Rest has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!