For business owners who are American Airlines frequent flyers, Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is a business card that may be for you. Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard offers cardholders 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants, and 1X miles on all other purchases.
It currently has a limited time welcome offer of 60,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days and after a purchase is made on an employee card. However, it does come with a $95 annual fee that cannot be waived. If you’re interested in what this card has to offer, take a look at our review.
* You can also compare the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard with other credit card bonuses!
Note: If you spend quite a bit on travel, why not be rewarded for it? I recommend checking out the Wells Fargo Propel card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, or the Capital One Venture Rewards card to earn one of the best cash/points back rates on your travel purchases! See more credit card bonus offers here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 AAdvantage Aviator Business Card 60,000 Bonus Miles Offer
- 4 What are AAdvantage Miles Worth?
- 5 Why You Should Apply for This Card
- 6 AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard Top Features
- 7 Bottom Line
- 8 What’s the Competition?
Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 60,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||No|
- Bonus miles
- Bonus on common business spending
- Annual 5% mileage bonus
- First checked bag free
- Preferred boarding
- Inflight discount
- Earn Elite Qualifying Dollars
- Earn a Companion Certificate
- Partner airlines
- Free employee cards
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Complicated rewards
Editor’s Alternate Pick
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Make business travel more rewarding. Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
• Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
AAdvantage Aviator Business Card 60,000 Bonus Miles Offer
AAdvantage Aviator Business card if offering one of the biggest welcome bonus,60,000 bonus miles. To qualify for this bonus offer, you will need to charge at least $1,000 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account and make an employee card purchase.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are AAdvantage Miles Worth?
The value of you miles depends on how you use them. On average, we value each AAdvantage mile at around $0.014. When you fly, the airline choice and destination all play a part in your miles’ value.
You can use your AAdvantage miles for:
- Flights with American Airlines or American Eagle
- Flights with Oneworld partners or other partner airlines
- Seat upgrades
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Gift cards
The best value for your mile is to redeem them towards flights since cardholders have reduced mileage award privileges. When you use your AAdvantage miles to purchase round-trip domestic MileSAAver flights, you get to book award travel for:
- 7,500 miles on longer destinations
- 2,000 miles on shorter destinations
AAdvantage Partner Airlines
|Air Tahiti Nui||Alaska Airlines||British Airways|
|Cape Air||Cathay Pacific||Etihad Airways|
|Fiji Airways||Finnair||Gulf Air|
|Japan Airlines||Jet Airways||LATAM Airlines|
|Malaysia Airlines||Qantas||Qatar Airways|
|Royal Jordanian Airlines||S7 Airlines||Seaborne Airlines|
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- Earn 2X AAdvantage Miles: This card earns 2X AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 2X AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants. All other purchases earn 1X AAdvantage miles back.
- 5% AAdvantage Miles Bonus Per Year: Boost your earnings based on the total number of miles earned using your card each card anniversary year.
- American Airlines Perks: Get your first checked bag free and preferred boarding for you and up to 4 companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines.
- Spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases and get a companion certificate good for 1 guest at $99 each account anniversary year.
- Plus when you’re shopping in the air, you’ll get 25% inflight savings on food and beverages when you use your card on American Airlines operated flights.
AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard Top Features
- First checked bag free: For you and up to 4 companions when traveling on domestic American Airlines flights.
- Preferred boarding: For you and up to 4 companions on your reservation when traveling on flights operated by American Airlines.
- Inflight savings: Receive a 25% discount on food and beverages when you use your card on American Airlines flights.
Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend at least $25,000 on purchases in one calendar year.
|Status||EQDs to Qualify|
The Companion Certificate is good for 1 guest on domestic economy fare. It’s issued each year after your account anniversary when you spend at least $30,000 on eligible purchases. Redeem the certificate for just $99, plus taxes and fees.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees. Although this perk is more common nowadays, it’s still worth noting.
If fly a lot with your business and you’re looking for a good card to use, check out Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®. Earn more American Airlines AAdvantage miles at a faster rate, plus get all the great American Airlines perks for a $95 annual fee.
However, if you’re looking for cash back options or don’t have a business, feel free to check out our full list of the best credit card bonuses to find out which one suits your needs.
(Visit Barclays to learn more details about this card)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
What’s the Competition?
Here are several airline business credit cards like the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card and the United Explorer Business Card.
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card:
• Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 after qualifying purchases.
• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
• Plus, 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $25,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months your account is open
• Earn 2 miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores.
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases. And 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
• Free checked bag - save up to $120 per roundtrip (terms apply)
• Two one-time United ClubSM passes each year — Over $100 in value per year
• Employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account. Plus, you can set individual spending limits for each card.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|