For those who are frequent flyers of American Airlines, the Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® is a great travels rewards card! It currently has a limited time welcome offer of 60,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making your first purchase within the first 90 days. The annual fee is waived for the first year.
If you’re interested in what this card has to offer, continue reading on below.
Table of Contents
Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red
World Elite Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 60,000 bonus miles after making your first purchase in the first 90 days and paying the annual fee
Get a companion certificate in addition to the bonus
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Annual Fee||Waive 1st year, then $99|
(Visit Barclay for more details about this card)
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months.||Citi Premier® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 80K Points after $6,000 spend within 6 months||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 75K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 6 months||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus after $750 spend within 3 months|
|Chase Freedom FlexSM $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months||Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20K spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer after $3,000 spend within 6 months||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer up to $150 back when you shop with PayPal & $100 back as a statement credit after $2,000 spend.|
|Ink Business Preferred® Card 100K Points after $15,000 spend within first 3 months||Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card $900 Bonus after $6,000 spend within 3 months|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus after $1,000 spend within 90 days||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
AAdvantage Aviator Red Card Bonus Offer
With this card, the welcome bonus is accompanied by a companion certificate, which is basically a plane ticket that costs only $99 plus tax.
When you make your purchase within the first 90 days of your account opening, you can earn 60,000 AAdvantage bonus miles + companion certificate. This is a pretty easy bonus to get especially when there’s no minimum spending requirement.
What are AAdvantage Miles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them. We value each AAdvantage mile at around $0.014.The 60,000 miles bonus would be worth around $840!
When ready, you can use your AAdvantage miles for:
- Flights with American Airlines or American Eagle
- Flights with Oneworld partners or other partner airlines
- Seat upgrades
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Gift cards
However, if you want to get the best value for your miles, you might want to redeem them towards flights. Especially since cardholders have reduced milage award privileges.
If you use your AAdvantage miles to purchase round-trip domestic MileSAAver flights, you get to book award travel for:
- 7,500 miles on longer destinations
- 2,000 miles on shorter destinations
Please keep in mind that destinations change monthly and MileSAAver seats are limited! If you wan to book, please call American Airlines or visit a ticket office.
AAdvantage Aviator Red Card Top Features
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for the primary cardmember and up to 4 companions traveling with you on the same reservation.
- Preferred boarding for the primary cardmember and up to 4 companions on their reservation for all American Airlines operated flights.
- AAdvantage® Status. Reach AAdvantage® status faster with everyday purchases. Learn More at aa.com/newaadvantage
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- Travel and Lifestyle Services. Access a suite of benefits, amenities and upgrades, preferential treatment and premium travel offers from best-in-class travel companies.3
- Travel Coverage. Eligible for Travel Accident Insurance, Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver.
- $0 Fraud Liability protection means you’re not responsible for charges you did not authorize.
- Introductory APR on balance transfers. 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening.
If fly a lot and are looking to earn miles for it, check out Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®. You will earn more American Airlines AAdvantage miles at a faster rate along with all the great American Airlines perks.
* Barclays also offers a variety of sign-up bonuses for its Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.