The Barclays Uber Visa Card is a credit card designed for ease-of-use and instant gratification for those who tend to dine out and travel frequently. It currently has a welcome offer of $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days. Best of all, it carries no annual fee and allows users to earn up to 4% cash back on dining, 3% cash back on hotel and airfare, 2% cash back on online purchases, and 1% cash back on everything else. This card is a dream for the average consumer with the high rewards and high-value perks it offers without charging an annual fee. If you’re interested, read on to find more about the Barclays Uber Visa Card.
With the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card:
• Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
• Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google PayTM, during the first 12 months from account opening
• No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
• Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
• $0 Annual Fee
• Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
Barclays Uber Visa Card
- Earn $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 4% back on dining, 3% back on hotel and airfare, 2% back on online purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to a $50 credit for online subscription services after you spend $5,000 on your card per year
- Up to $600 for mobile phone damage or theft when you pay your mobile phone bill with your card
Why You Should Apply for This Card
Earn Up to 4% Cash Back: You’ll earn 4% back on dining purchases, including restaurants, bars, takeout and UberEATS. You’ll also earn 3% back on hotels and airfare, including rentals like Airbnb. This is a pretty high rate for a card with no annual fee. For most online purchases, including Uber, online shopping, video and music-streaming services, you’ll earn 2% back. You’ll get 1% cash back on everything else. Points earned are worth 1 cent apiece and can be redeemed for Uber credits, cash back or gift cards. To redeem for Uber credits, you need a minimum of 500 points ($5) and cardholders can redeem no more than $500 per day in Uber credits. Just a heads up, your account may be closed if it has been inactive for six consecutive billing cycles. If your account is in good standing and your card is closed, you’ll have 60 days to decide what to do with your points — either redeem them for a direct deposit or a gift card. If you don’t do anything within those 60 days, your points will disappear.
No Foreign Transaction Fee: Use this card while traveling outside the US to keep earning your rewards without paying a foreign transaction fee. This is especially beneficial when you’re dining out or booking a hotel or airfare because you’ll still be able to earn that 3 – 4% cash back.
$600 Cell Phone Protection: If you pay your cell phone bill with this credit card, you’re eligible to receive up to $600 if your cellphone is broken or stolen. You can file up to two claims a year. Take note that if your phone is stolen, you’ll need to file a police report within 48 hours. If it’s broken, you’ll need to hang onto the phone until after the claims-review process. You’ll also need to pay a $25 deductible, and coverage will only kick in after any other cellphone insurance plans that you have in place.
$50 Online Subscription Credit: If you spend at least $5,000 on your card within your card membership year, you’ll be eligible for a $50 credit toward online subscriptions for that year. If you have less than $50 in eligible services when you meet the $5,000 threshold, you’ll receive statement credits for each new service transaction when it posts to your account until you reach $50 in purchases or you reach the end of your card membership year. Eligible services include Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Pandora, and Audible.
Visa Local Offers: Register your card in the Uber app to keep track of points and redeem credits for Uber rides and UberEats. You also need the app to participate in Visa Local Offers, which can help you earn the maximum rewards with the Uber Visa card or any eligible Visa card. Visa Local Offers add a percentage more to your Uber credits with certain purchases. There’s no limit on the number of credits you can earn in the program, but there is a $100 limit on Uber credits per purchase.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
If you find yourself dining out often and using Uber during your travels, Barclays Uber Visa Card may be a great card for you to carry. It lacks the usual purchase and travel protections that come with most cards, such as extended warranty and free car rental insurance, but it has a couple of noteworthy benefits. Most notable is that the card doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee which is usually reserved for premium cards with annual membership fees. Plus, it offers up to $600 worth of cell phone coverage. Most people can benefit from using the Barclays Uber Visa Card, but if you’re a frequent Uber user and a frequent traveler, there may be other more premium travel rewards cards that are better for you, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express and Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card. You can check out our full list of the best credit card bonuses to find out which one suits your needs.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
With the Chase Ink Business CashSM Card:
• Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
• Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
• Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
• 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• No Annual Fee