Chain Bridge Bank is a local bank that has limited account options. To find out if Chain Bridge Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This bank has pretty basic checking and savings accounts, but they do provide a minor savings account for children who want to learn to become responsible money managers at a young age.
They also have a unique high interest bearing account that earns pretty high rates than some big named banks.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Chain Bridge Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Chain Bridge Bank
- 11 Chain Bridge Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Chain Bridge Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Chain Bridge Bank only has two checking accounts that are pretty standard, but they both comes with online banking and access to participating ATMs.
This is considered a free checking account and you will need $100 to open.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to worry about.
This account comes with everything a standard checking account would have.
This checking account earns interest and comes with all the features a standard checking account has.
You can open it with a $100 and start earning interest.
There is also a $12 monthly fee, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily balance of $2,000.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Chain Bridge Bank also has two savings accounts with very low minimum balance requirements and easily waiveable monthly fees.
This high interest earning savings account can be opened with $100 and it will earn interest on all balances.
There is a small fee of $5, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $100.
This youth savings account can be opened with just $10 as well and it will earn interest.
There is a very small monthly fee of $1.50, but you can waive it by easily keeping a daily balance of $10.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Chain Bridge Bank has one money market that earns competitive interest rates.
Personal Money Market:
- Open with $100
- Waive the $15 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $2,500
- This account earns tiered interest rates
- Comes with check writing privileges
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Chain Bridge Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. Their opening deposits vary depending on CD term lengths.
Their CDs earn pretty high competitive rates and the terms range from 3 months – 60 months.
To learn more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Chain Bridge Bank
- Their free checking account doesn’t require monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
- They have a minor savings account.
- Their CDs earn pretty high interest rates.
- Their website has a rates calculator to help you calculate your interest earnings.
- Simplistic if you like simple account options.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Chain Bridge Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Chain Bridge Bank
- They are literally only located in Mclean, Virginia with 1 total branch.
- The monthly fees and minimum balance requirements for most of their accounts are higher than usual.
- They don’t have 24-hour banking.
- They have very few checking and savings accounts.
- Lacking a senior checking or savings account.
- Their minor savings account still requires a monthly fee even if it’s very little.
- Lack of youth/minor checking account.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
- They could earn slightly higher interest rates on their savings accounts.
Chain Bridge Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Chain Bridge Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Chain Bridge Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Chain Bridge Bank at 703-748-2005.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday – Friday at 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday at 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Closed on Sundays
You may also fill out one of the request form on their website to acquire further information.
How Chain Bridge Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- TD Bank: TD Bank also offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account! They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
- Capital One 360: Capital One 360, you can bank fee-free with online and mobile checking that actually pays you back. Whether you’re looking for one of their 40,000 fee-free ATMs or a Capital One location–chances are they are right nearby.
If you happen to live in Virginia and aren’t looking for anything too complex when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then maybe Chain Bridge Bank has what you are looking for.
Their high yielding and interest earning checking account earns higher than average rates if you can meet their balance requirements.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Chain Bridge Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!