Charles Schwab offers investors a complete suite of products and services with excellent stock research, quality trade tools, and professional planning.
They have everything from stocks and options trading to fixed income and retirement guidance.
Compared to TD Ameritrade who provides brokerage services for individuals and institutions to invest online.
Not only that they provide investors with a variety of investment choices to trade and invest however they like.
See our table below for a side-by-side comparison between Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade.
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $700 Cash||Review|
|Axos Self Directed Trading||$200 Cash||Review|
|TradeStation||$150 Cash & free trades||Review|
|M1 Finance||Up to $2,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|WeBull||12 Free Stocks & free trades||Review|
|SoFi Invest||$25 Bonus and free trades||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$0 Commission Trades||Review|
|Charles Schwab||TD Ameritrade|
|Mutual Fund Trading||4/5|
|Commissions and Fees||3/5||3.5/5|
|Ease of Use||4/5||5/5|
|Pros||-Selection of commission-free
ETFs and mutual funds
-2 platforms: beginners and advanced traders
-24/7 customer service including online chat
|-Easy to use
-Think or swim Platform
|Cons||-Commission cost on mutual funds
outside of the commission-free funds
-Robo-advisor option requires
a minimum investment of $5,000
|Bottom Line||Charles Schwab is great for beginning and advanced investors. It offers low fees and 24/7 customer support that brokers might find helpful.||TD Ameritrade provides a fantastic investment option with access to a variety of investment choices.|
TD Ameritrade Promotions
• Earn $100 up to $600 bonus new Individual, Joint or IRA account
• Get commission-free trades for 60 days
• No platform fees: Never pay a fee to use our trading platforms.
• Requires $3,000 account funding within 60 days of account opening
• $0 commission on all equity trades
• Trade & invest how you want with a variety of investment choices.
• TD Ameritrade is the leader in mobile trading
• 24/7 account support and free access to trading specialists.
Compare to Other Institutions
Which Bank is Better: Charles Schwab or TD Ameritrade?
- Charles Schwab offers investors a wide array of services and tools including a top-notch mobile app.
- TD Ameritrade provides an electronic trading platform for the purchase and sale of financial securities.
More on Charles Schwab:
- How to Find Your Charles Schwab Login
- What Are Charles Schwab’s Hours?
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
More on TD Ameritrade: